LT-1 Holy Grail Hose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT-1 Holy Grail Hose question

I am new to the LT-1 and have just finished my first winterizing effort. All went well but both the impossible to find molded hoses look pretty beat. In among the spare parts I received when I bought the boat was one hose that looks like it could be used as a replacement for the #4 hose. See pics below. The hose only has a few readable markings on it and I have tried to bring it to a local parts store but they could not find any crossable numbers. I am going to cut it to length and see how it actually fits. In all my reading about the two holy grail hoses did I just miss where a replace the for the number 4 hose was found?
    Attached Files

Short version of a longer story; call Bruce at Action Water Sports in Fenton, MI. I think he bought up a lot of these, as sets (thus reference to the longer story).

93 190

Comment

I had these hoses made..action water sports has last of the inventory

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
        I had these hoses made..action water sports has last of the inventory

Mike - I saw that you had sets of these made but was unaware that any were still available. I will contact Bruce today for a set. However, the hose I do have does look like it will fit and it doesn’t look like the ones you had made. The other one of mine (#5) really needs replacing. It is very soft and spongy. It appears to be the original 1998 hose because it still has remnants of original blue engine paint.

Comment

Hoses aren’t my only concern with the new purchase however so I hope I don’t drive you all crazy with LT-1 questions. Gone are the simple blissful carefree days of the 351 in my old 1981.
          ebdyguy
          TT Regular
          Last edited by ebdyguy; 11-03-2021, 10:03 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

BTW - Bruce got back to me and he no longer has any of the hose sets available.

Comment

Originally posted by ebdyguy View Post
              BTW - Bruce got back to me and he no longer has any of the hose sets available.
              Mike went to great lengths to organize and execute a group buy. These sets ultimately came from China if I recall correctly. There is that thread here somewhere in past postings.

Not sure on how feasible another group buy would be.

93 190

Comment

Well , if the one hose I have actually fits AND I can figure out what the part number or cross should be, I will be sure to post that info. Frankenhosing the other one right now doesn’t bother me as much as leaving the 23 year old hose on there.

Comment

If you haven't read through it, lots of LT-1 info here:
                  https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=105169

Comment

Originally posted by ebdyguy View Post
                    Well , if the one hose I have actually fits AND I can figure out what the part number or cross should be, I will be sure to post that info. Frankenhosing the other one right now doesn’t bother me as much as leaving the 23 year old hose on there.
                    Let us know if it works and details/part number. I got one of the hoses from Mike during the group buy, but have a second LT1 that will need this hose next spring.

Thanks!
                    - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Originally posted by Ski-me View Post
                      Let us know if it works and details/part number. I got one of the hoses from Mike during the group buy, but have a second LT1 that will need this hose next spring.

Thanks!
                      That is why another buy would be good. All LT-1s will eventually need a hose set.

If I had that engine, I'd have a new set now and a spare set for later.

I was hoping Mike may jump in with something.

93 190

Comment

Originally posted by d2jp View Post
                        If you haven't read through it, lots of LT-1 info here:
                        https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=105169
                        Yup - I have read through most of it several times. So much good info there.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                          Mike went to great lengths to organize and execute a group buy. These sets ultimately came from China if I recall correctly. There is that thread here somewhere in past postings.

Not sure on how feasible another group buy would be.

Came from the UK, iirc, fwiw.

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                          That is why another buy would be good. All LT-1s will eventually need a hose set.

If I had that engine, I'd have a new set now and a spare set for later.

I was hoping Mike may jump in with something.

If this company can still reproduce these hoses, seems like a no brainer. I'm sure we could round up 25 people, also probably worth it to buy a set of 25 myself. Even marking them up to make a few bucks to be worth laying out the money, and I'd end up with 25 new friends.

I have my original replacement set (unused) that I bought from Mikeg205 if OP wants it. If I'm going to let them go, I'd like to include a brand new lt-1 belt that was also bought for a spare. For what I paid, plus shipping. If OP doesn't want it, PM me if anyone else does. I bought these for spares for my '96 back in 2015.

This will guarantee I find a '93 S&S or Limited with the LT1 over the next few months.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Yup the UK was where they came from... i will check what price and lead time is.

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

John...I'll email the OP to be sure he sees your offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X