LT-1 Holy Grail Hose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommurtha View Post
    John...I'll email the OP to be sure he sees your offer.
    PM’d John late yesterday

Comment

Good news is that I cut and installed the new hose and it fits quite well.

The first picture is the original and the second is the new. Almost no difference in fit at all.

Bad news is that I have no idea what the part number is yet. The marking is very light and nearly unreadable. The only things I can make out is what looks like USA and the number 42.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure you can find enough LT1 owners here who would cough up some $ to put a spare or two on a shelf. I'm one of those dudes...so if there's a potential group buy, I'm in!
        Jeffer

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Comment

Me too. I would be in for a set.

Comment

I have since sold the boat, but there is another solution, a 90 deg reducer and a couple of pieces of straight hose. I don't know the diameter's but I know it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ebdyguy View Post
              PM’d John late yesterday
              Good news is that I cut and installed the new hose and it fits quite well.

The first picture is the original and the second is the new. Almost no difference in fit at all.

Bad news is that I have no idea what the part number is yet. The marking is very light and nearly unreadable. The only things I can make out is what looks like USA and the number 42.
              Glad it worked out. Based on this and the PM, I've committed the hoses to another member.
              Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                Glad it worked out. Based on this and the PM, I've committed the hoses to another member.
                Sorry to hear that, but I did say that I still needed the #5 hose as well. It was just the #4 hose that I thought I had a replacement for.

Comment

When i heard "Might be interested in the set. How much would it be shipped to xxxxx. Right now I am a bit hopeful that I can use the one new hose I have and be able to ID it", and then didn't hear back after that for a few days, I thought it fair to send to the first of several who sent PM's saying they absolutely wanted/ needed the set.
                  Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Fair enough. Agreed that it took me a while to see if the hose I had actually fit. My only reservation was total cost for the hoses, belt and shipping especially if they were from the more expensive 2nd group buy. My only real need is for the #5 hose since my boat came with 3 spares for what I now know fits for # 4. Hopefully they went to a good home to be used and not shelved as spares.

Comment

Originally posted by Ski-me View Post

Let us know if it works and details/part number. I got one of the hoses from Mike during the group buy, but have a second LT1 that will need this hose next spring.

Thanks!
                      Final chapter for my #4 and #5 hose saga.

The #4 hose replacement that ended up fitting well IMO turned out to be a Gates 21838 and confirmed to be a hose from a 1991 Dodge Caravan 2.5l. That crosses to the NAPA 8528 hose that was originally found to be unsuitable for some reason. All I can say is that it cuts and fits well on my engine. I don’t know why it was originally discounted as I can see no fitment issues. I can post more pics if needed but the ones I have previously posted tell the story.

As for the #5 hose. I had no other option than to piece it together using a 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 reducing elbow, a 1-3/4 aluminum splice and a 90 degree 1-3/4 hose. Fits perfectly with the hoses cut to proper length. The 2 extra hose clamps won’t bother me a bit.

I sourced the silicone elbow from HPS for $34 but later found sources a little cheaper with free shipping.
                      https://hpsperformanceproducts.com/

The ICT billet splice was $10 from Amazon

The 90 degree 1-3/4 elbow was cut from a Gates 20957 also available on Amazon for $10.

I can post pics of the fitted and pieced together #5 if requested.

Comment

As for the #5 hose. I had no other option than to piece it together using a 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 reducing elbow, a 1-3/4 aluminum splice and a 90 degree 1-3/4 hose. Fits perfectly with the hoses cut to proper length. The 2 extra hose clamps won’t bother me a bit.

I can post pics of the fitted and pieced together #5 if requested.
                        I'd love to see this, IF it's not too much trouble to photo and post up the #5!
                        Jeffer

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post

I'd love to see this, IF it's not too much trouble to photo and post up the #5!
                          Here you go. Both legs of each elbow were trimmed to get a perfect replacement fit.
                          ebdyguy
                          TT Regular
                          Last edited by ebdyguy; 11-23-2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

All three of the parts I used are available on Amazon for ~$50 total with free shipping on all of them.

Comment

Can anyone see the 3 pictures from above ? If not I will repost them.

Comment

Can anyone see the 3 pictures from above ? If not I will repost them.
                                No. They tried to bring in the old photos and then messed up the current attachments. What a cluster this version is.
                                TTAdmin
                                TT Admin
                                TTAdmin. It is not even aesthetically attractive. Revert back to 3.8.X
                                93 190

Comment

Working...
                                X