No announcement yet.

Fuel Filter Change on 2005 X-2/MCX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks JimN. I will get a gauge. Can I test with boat on trailer, (5gallon pail and garden hose)? It would be quite a trip to get to water. When should I watch for a reading on the gauge? Key on, but not starting. Key turned and trying to start?
    2018 XT22

Comment

Originally posted by Millertime View Post
      Thanks JimN. I will get a gauge. Can I test with boat on trailer, (5gallon pail and garden hose)? It would be quite a trip to get to water. When should I watch for a reading on the gauge? Key on, but not starting. Key turned and trying to start?
      If you listen carefully when the key is turned to ON, you should hear a few clicks. That's the System, Ignition, and Fuel Pump relays. Put your fingers on the Fuel pump relay and feel for a click when the key is turned on, then it should stop after three seconds. This is the priming sequence. If you feel nothing, insert a wire on the terminals marked 30 and 87a. If you still hear nothing, measure voltage at the pump's plug. If you see voltage and have a test light (the bulb-type, not the LED-type), make sure it lights up brightly. If not, the plug may have a problem (bad terminal(s)) or the pump is dead. Inspect the plug and receptacle for signs of melting plastic.

It needs to be under load when testing fuel pressure, but if the pump is dead, that's a moot point.

Make sure the check valve is replaced along with the pump.

Comment

Working...
      X