heater core replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rem_pss308 View Post
    I have searched and only find heatercraft heaters.

I finally got to the heater and the core is shot. fan works. ( looks like a single speed 4" bilge fan )

I know some have said they used ford ranger , and cougar heater cores. But So far I cant match this one.

The core outer measurments are 7 1/4" X 6" X 2"

the outlets are on the end. I have found plenty with the outlets on the side.

can anyone tell me where I might find a new one.

Or have any info on the Acuheat company.

thanks

Pics attached
    Acuheat is the "model" Heatercraft is the company that makes them.
    Take a look at the cover of the install manual.
    Yours is a Acuheat 100 made by Heatercraft.

http://www.heatercraft.com/images/Do...tal_Marine.pdf
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!

Comment

thought about this one for a secong unit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991102/
      "Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless when facing them."

1999 X-star, 330 LTR, Zero FLex tower.

Comment

Originally posted by rem_pss308 View Post
        thought about this one for a secong unit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991102/
        That is what I have in my boat for a heater core. Saved a few bucks over a heatercraft and I like getting Summit's catalog. ;-)

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
        Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

My heater is blowing cold air, does this mean my heater core is shot? I have a 1 yr warranty on the motor so I'm guessing I won't bother with it until the end of the season but I was just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by GoinBoatin View Post
            My heater is blowing cold air, does this mean my heater core is shot? I have a 1 yr warranty on the motor so I'm guessing I won't bother with it until the end of the season but I was just wondering.
            When your feet are wet, your heater core is shot. Make sure that your valve on the engine is open allowing hot water to flow through your heater.
            '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Hmm, got a picture or a location of this valve?

Comment

Originally posted by GoinBoatin View Post
                Hmm, got a picture or a location of this valve?
                Here's one on a MCX.
                Attached Files
                I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                ---
                Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                ---
                My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
                ---
                It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Yep, follow the hose if you need to. It will probably look like a garden spigot.
                  '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Ill check it out tomorrow, too freekin cold out right now. Trying to snow!!!

Comment

I can't find this valve anywhere. Can anyone with the 8.1 tell me which side of the motor I should be looking on.

Comment

Replacment core for Acu-Heat 100

I found this core - think it will work in the Acu-Heat 100 series ?

http://radiatorgroup.com/heatercore-...ah464hupp.aspx

Looks to be almost identical in size...
                        Would it matter if I mixed up the inlet and outlet ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bringing up a old thread. We got down to -10 this February. We took boat out today for the first time and motor was fine and no block damage but the heater core is shot. a lot of nice steamy water kicked out of the bilge. Just had both the shaft and rudder seal replaced by marina and their mechanic was still around. He bypassed the heater hose to stop the issue. 07 X2 with 3 vent. What size replacement core do we need to order.

Comment

I’ve been scouring the web for a replacement core. I saw this thread and the core identified by bryangold but I was really hoping to find one that was closer to the actual dimensions. I found a core at advanced auto for a 2000 Kia Sportage that only gave the height, which should have fit so I gave it a try knowing I could return it if it was too wide. It was a no go, it turned out to be about 1/4 too big all the way around. I went back to the internet and stumbled across the exact same core bryangold referenced but on eBay for half the price (https://www.ebay.com/itm/291976867101).
                            Since I really wasn’t finding anything else close I decided to give it a go. It arrived yesterday and with some modifications to the box I think it’ll work just fine. Left to right it’s about perfect coming in at just 1/8” narrower. Top to bottom the cooling fin portion of the core is 3/4” shorter and the overall height is 1” shorter. Lastly, the base of the core won’t set in the original track because it’s 1/4” wider.

I went to Home Depot and picked up a section of 1-5/8” 25 gauge steel drywall track to boost the core to the top of the box and fill in the extra space. (https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClarkDie...5-15/305981784)

The core sat perfectly into that track but was still a little short. I ended up flipping the original track and connected both tracks together to the box (pic attached).

To fill the little bit of space on the sides I applied some 1” wide joint filler dense foam tape.

I had to punch new holes in the cover because neither the inlet nor outlet line up with the existing holes but I’m happy to report that the inlet and outlet are the same diameter as the original (5/8”). I used a 1/2” punch and it worked perfectly.

I sealed off the original holes with aluminum duct tape inside and out then reassembled the box. It all came back together amazingly well. We’ll find out in the spring how well it actually works.
                            Attached Files
                            Dexter99
                            TT Newbie
                            Last edited by Dexter99; 10-31-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X