Fresh air exhaust on newer models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh air exhaust on newer models

We're considering putting FAE on our XT23... I absolutely love the boat but the 6.2 is pretty dang loud. I have heard there can be some warranty issues for boats with the aftermarket system. Does anyone know if this is true? Has anyone put it on a boat with an Ilmor engine? TIA
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Not sure this counts as newer model, but have it is on an Ilmor MV8 6.2L engine. I have FAE and their mufflers installed on my 2014 X25. I also put sound insulation on every surface of my engine compartment. Made a world of difference in reducing the noise levels. With the stereo off, I can have a conversation with the surfer at near normal conversational voice levels. Makes teaching folks much nicer. Also made a huge difference for surfer and even wakeboarders hearing the stereo w/o having it cranked up nearly as loud. Makes a lot of folks in my family much happier being in the boat.
    -----------------------------------
    Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
    Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
    Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Had one on our old XT23 with the 5.3 GDI. Never had any issues with it. Funny - we find the 6.2 GDI on our XT24 to be pretty quiet and will most likely not install an FAE.

Comment

Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
        Not sure this counts as newer model, but have it is on an Ilmor MV8 6.2L engine. I have FAE and their mufflers installed on my 2014 X25. I also put sound insulation on every surface of my engine compartment. Made a world of difference in reducing the noise levels. With the stereo off, I can have a conversation with the surfer at near normal conversational voice levels. Makes teaching folks much nicer. Also made a huge difference for surfer and even wakeboarders hearing the stereo w/o having it cranked up nearly as loud. Makes a lot of folks in my family much happier being in the boat.
        Which sound deadening material did you use?
        2022 XSTARS
        2020 X22
        2019 XT22
        2017 XT20

Comment

This is what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          -----------------------------------
          Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
          Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
          Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment