Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Work did you do on your Mastercraft Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I got her in the water for the first time since late November. We cruised up the river to a bar from Lake Monroe and had lunch and a few Rolling Rocks. Boat ran like a dream as she will start her 28th ski season.

Now it is off to the shop for an oil change and sound system overhaul
    sigpic

Comment

• Took the boat apart and started to drop new carpet in the LTD.

Comment

• Straightened my trailer axle on frame rack. Toe was off from when the last owner must have hit a curb. It was eating up my tire.
        Attached Files

Comment

• OK guys, I'm a newbie that just got a 1984 S&S with the powerslot. I'm never going to be able to tackle some of the projects you guys are doing, but I know I'm not this bad off mechanically. Does the transmission oil filler cap with the dipstick not tighten up when you put it back on?

I see two slots on the transmission side where the cap goes back on, but I don't have tabs on my cap. Am I supposed to? I see how the rubber part of the cap/dipstick assembly is supposed to tighten, but when I put it back on it just spins and never tightens. Thanks

Comment

• HI TNPIG, Congrats on the boat. Sounds like you need to get a new dipstick. If the one you have will not tighten up. On my trans mine get's tight. SKIDIM sells them part number 1400. Hope this helps you out.

Comment

• Yeah it should fit loose when you flip the lever then snug up after you put it back in and secure the lever down.

JTR
              Last edited by 03geetee; 02-26-2011, 09:11 AM.
              1983 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
              Cream/Red Metal Flake
              "Powerslot"
              "The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
              -Charles Chaplin-
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TNPIG View Post
                OK guys, I'm a newbie that just got a 1984 S&S with the powerslot. I'm never going to be able to tackle some of the projects you guys are doing, but I know I'm not this bad off mechanically. Does the transmission oil filler cap with the dipstick not tighten up when you put it back on?

I see two slots on the transmission side where the cap goes back on, but I don't have tabs on my cap. Am I supposed to? I see how the rubber part of the cap/dipstick assembly is supposed to tighten, but when I put it back on it just spins and never tightens. Thanks
                Mine did the same thing. Wouldnt tighten. Bought a new one for $50 from skidim.com and worked like a charm
                1984 Mastercraft Skier 1:1

Comment

• Thanks for the quick replies. Skidim.com looks like a site that will go on my favorites list.

Comment

• Pulled the starter and had it tested at the auto parts shop. It was occasionally slow to turn over at the end of the summer and when I went to winterize it wouldn't start at all, so I wasn't surprised to hear that I need a new one.
                    -Matt
                    1991 Prostar 190

Comment

• Originally posted by web View Post
                      Pulled the starter and had it tested at the auto parts shop. It was occasionally slow to turn over at the end of the summer and when I went to winterize it wouldn't start at all, so I wasn't surprised to hear that I need a new one.
                      Check this out for a replacement, cheapest you will find anywhere, ordering mine today. Replace the cables while your at it, even if the ends look nice and shiny/non corroded its whats underneath the covering that you dont see that can sometimes cause problems. Cheap insurance.

JTR
                      1983 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
                      Cream/Red Metal Flake
                      "Powerslot"
                      "The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
                      -Charles Chaplin-
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 03geetee View Post
                        Check this out for a replacement, cheapest you will find anywhere, ordering mine today. Replace the cables while your at it, even if the ends look nice and shiny/non corroded its whats underneath the covering that you dont see that can sometimes cause problems. Cheap insurance.

JTR
                        Rats. Thanks for the pointer, but I ordered one from JMS before I saw your post.

Not sure if I should deduct the wasted $6.35 from the beer account, the gas fund, or somewhere else.
                        -Matt
                        1991 Prostar 190

Comment

• I spent about 4hrs online reading about the correct way to install speakers in a boat - seems I have done it wrong the first time.
                          for anybody interested - do not put subwoofers in rear storage lockers. the sound is muffled too much and you end up driving the subwoofer with a lot of amps to get the sound you want which drains the battery.
                          who knew - oops!

does this still count as work on the boat?

Comment

• just pulled all impellers for ballast pumps and replaced with green ones. the one upside down was fun. now on ebay buying a water pump impeller, thats next week.

Comment

• Going to pull and grease the rudder today.
                              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Don't know if it counts as work but I did receive my new cover from skiboatcovers.com last night. Can't tell much about it as the boat is in heated storage and I won't be able to get to it for another month. It does look like it was done right though. No hanging thread and all the seams have been folded over and sewn. Really quick service. I had it in my hands a week after ordering.

Comment

Working...
                                X