Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Work did you do on your Mastercraft Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DemolitionMan View Post
    I put these stainless steel rollers on my trailer.
    Where did you get these rollers?
    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Home made UHMW skid plates on my old trailer. If this free solution doesn't work out, I'll go the roller route. Time will tell. I think there is still enough clearance for the prop. Now that I see the picture, looks like a rust bucket trailer. Maybe its time for some new bunk rugs too.
      Attached Files

Comment

• i should have had some rollers when i went to west branch on sat, went down the road, took a right over a bridge, didn't think nothing of it, then i heard an unpleasent sound of metal on pavement, very upset and mad at myself. but you live and you learn, but live to boat another day!

Comment

• Originally posted by JJMorris3 View Post
          Home made UHMW skid plates on my old trailer. If this free solution doesn't work out, I'll go the roller route. Time will tell. I think there is still enough clearance for the prop. Now that I see the picture, looks like a rust bucket trailer. Maybe its time for some new bunk rugs too.
          Interesting.............where did you source the UHMW?
          CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
          sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
          REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
          REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
          Email - [email protected]

Comment

• Interstate Plastic cut me 2" x 5" x 5" pieces here in Austin. I had to call around. I almost got it from Amazon, but then found them locally. I should clarify "free". I did pay $25 for these pieces and the stainless hardware. Shaping/fitting the pieces and labor, etc fell on me for "free". Total cost and lost time on the lake were insignificant (free) vs the roller route.
            I hope these hold up. In my research, UHMW is used successfully for skid plate applications.
            Last edited by JJMorris3; 06-27-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Filled the boat with gas Saturday morning, had to repeat the procedure later in the day and again on Sunday. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
              Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
              Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                Where did you get these rollers?
                About 7 years ago we where doing a demo project at a local factory, my dad was showing the plant manager some pics of our boats. Next thing I know the manager ask me to bring him a set of rollers. Two days later he handed me 4 sets of stainless rollers. My dad got a set for his boat, I got two sets and trickskier got a set. I had a friend who worked for the DOE made these for me back in 2004.
                Attached Files
                Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

• Washed with nice hot water twice, polished, and waxed everything, inside and out (fiberglass). detailed everything inside, cleaned carpets, organized all tools, ropes, and misc. got her all ready for Powell.

Also filled up 60 gallons worth of fuel, filled fresh water tank for more surfing ballast, and cleaned up the engine a little.

I am a good MasterCraft owner...

Comment

• Finally peeled the last decals from my baby!

Comment

• Along with 3 great skiing runs behind her on a day in the mid 80's no wind and no other boats (Is this heaven?...no its Iowa), i took a photo of her new depth/temp gauge install.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• BTW guys, if anyone is interested in an update, these skid plates are holding up nicely and doing their job. No issues to report. 6 launches under my belt and no weardown, which was my concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJMorris3 View Post
                          BTW guys, if anyone is interested in an update, these skid plates are holding up nicely and doing their job. No issues to report. 6 launches under my belt and no weardown, which was my concern.
                          Great to hear.
                          CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
                          sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
                          REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
                          REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
                          Email - [email protected]

Comment

• PP upgrade

My wife and I took on the challenge and upgraded to PP 6.5NG with multi display. Didn't have much room to work under the dash since the wires don't give much.

We also greased the 3 steering points, but not much difference.
                            Previous Boats: 04 X7, 98 190, 96 205, Sylvan Deck
                            Thanks and best wishes, George & Sara Amonette
                            256 786 2244
                            [email protected]

Comment

• Used it!

Last night I washed, waxed, vac'ed and detailed it.... Treated the vinyl.
                              Today we used the heck out of it! Beautiful day on the lake!

Cj - 78 S&S...

Comment

• I finally did something to it today. I change the plugs, vacuumed and clean the vinyl, gassed it up. Next I am going to start it and get it ready for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X