Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Work did you do on your Mastercraft Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
    Nice storage building! Got any more pics of that 2nd prostar? Is that metalflake or grey?
    Yeah its the 25th metal flake anniversary boat. Beautiful looking boat. Unfortunately I don't have more pics of it. There are pics of it on here from Tim B we all ski together. Maybe under Anniversary boats thread or something. Either way really nice boat!!

Comment

• Winterized

Tried to get out on the lake today, temps were upper 70's but didn't happen. Pretty busy schedule with work and kids the rest of the fall, so I took advantage of the warm weather and winterized.

Winter projects are: new water hoses throughout, engine detail and either folding or removable swim platform.

It's an older boat, but worked well all summer. I did a little PM to the boat and trailer along the way - but spent WAY more time enjoying the water than working on the boat. I've had 'project boats' before and decided this time to get a well-maintained boat that I could enjoy right away...and sure did. Direct drive and basic Ford 351 makes for easy maintenance. 19' boat fit in the garage with no hassle. All-in-all very happy with my MC
      Last edited by d2jp; 10-26-2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Reassembled starboard exhaust manifold and riser (after having the seized manifold drain plug removed by shop). New gaskets and bolts for both made for a clean install.

Changed fuel filter.

Last edited by Lumbergh; 11-02-2011, 06:12 PM.
        1991 ProStar / 351W with 1:1 Velvet Drive

Comment

• Starting to change Fuel lines and anti siphon valve. cant get enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
            Reassembled starboard exhaust manifold and riser (after having the seized manifold drain plug removed by shop). New gaskets and bolts for both made for a clean install.

Changed fuel filter.

Is that recommended after X number of years ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looked at thermostat housing and noticed it appeared that the black paint on the triangular housing bolts looked like they had not been touched since the factory.

On a 20 YO boat (1991 PS), that can't be a good deal. It runs great however, temp gauge looks great.

Pulled thermostat.

Suspect its factory, possibly rusted open.

Can the hive help with what the bolt dimensions are? Gonna get some new ones, along with thermostat and gasket.

Comment

• Re: Fuel Filter

I am going through all the fluids and filters and bringing my new to me boat up to my personal standards / comfort level this winter.

Cheap insurance and provides a baseline for future maintenance needs.

Comment

• RE: Thermostat bolt dimensions

Why don't you just bring an old one to the store with you? That way you know you're getting the right size.

Comment

Re: Fuel Filter

I am going through all the fluids and filters and bringing my new to me boat up to my personal standards / comfort level this winter.

Cheap insurance and provides a baseline for future maintenance needs.
                    Hey lund I am in the same process...I cleaned up the bolts lower housing...then the OCD kicked in and I brushed the housing head silver....
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• To answer my own question, the bolts are 5/16 x 18 x 2 (SS Hex Cap Screws). Sold in 2 packs at Lowes.

You need new bolts. OCD is fun.

Comment

To answer my own question, the bolts are 5/16 x 18 x 2 (SS Hex Cap Screws). Sold in 2 packs at Lowes.

You need new bolts. OCD is fun.
                        oh..thanks....now you got me thinking about it... and yes...I did clean out the screw holes in the housing and put anti-seize to keep the galvanic corrosion down...
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Changed all Fuel lines, changed Anti Siphon Valve and getting ready for Winterization. Stupid Canadian winters.

Comment

• Is it a 160 degree Thermostat? I have a '91 with the 454 and I think it's 160... I pulled mine a couple of months ago to pour in some RV antifreeze and it looked worse than these...

Comment

• Parts came in from skidim, so I replaced thermostat from earlier start to project.

Put in 2 gallons of RV antifreeze for piece of mind, even though boat is in garage for winter.

Pulled impeller. Bumped the engine with starter following WD40 and it came right out.

Here is why despite fairly thorough maintenance records from PO, you can never trust anyone else to keep their equipment to your standards.

Nice impeller.
                              Last edited by Lumbergh; 11-16-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Parts came in from skidim, so I replaced thermostat from earlier start to project.

Put in 2 gallons of RV antifreeze for piece of mind, even though boat is in garage for winter.

Pulled impeller. Bumped the engine with starter following WD40 and it came right out.

Here is why despite fairly thorough maintenance records from PO, you can never trust anyone else to keep their equipment to your standards.

Nice impeller.
                                Yipes....that is pretty chewed up......thanks to your OCD on MC your next season will be smoooooth motorin'.....

Comment

Working...
                                X