Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Work did you do on your Mastercraft Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by setidball View Post
    Refinished the Teak and add a DIY transom saver.

Looks great. Did you bend the teak or cut?
    2005 Mastercraft Prostar 197 Tournament Team #8 of 100

Comment

• Bent. Soaked it for 24 hr in the bath tub. Then clamped it to the forward edge of the deck with some shims at the ends to over bend it slightly. Let it dry for a few days. It held the curve well springing back only a little bit. And actually the saver is Oak. That is what I had on hand (=free), and Teak is expensive. We’ll see how it holds up… I expect that it will be fine. Oak is a good outdoor wood, not as great as Teak but I have Oak outdoor furniture that has held up well. S
      1995 ProStar 190

Comment

• Originally posted by setidball View Post
        Bent. Soaked it for 24 hr in the bath tub. Then clamped it to the forward edge of the deck with some shims at the ends to over bend it slightly. Let it dry for a few days. It held the curve well springing back only a little bit. And actually the saver is Oak. That is what I had on hand (=free), and Teak is expensive. We’ll see how it holds up… I expect that it will be fine. Oak is a good outdoor wood, not as great as Teak but I have Oak outdoor furniture that has held up well. S
        Great job. Thanks for the tip.
        2005 Mastercraft Prostar 197 Tournament Team #8 of 100

Comment

• I launched it!
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Sat in my boat in the garage, hoping that winter will soon be over!

Comment

• Charged and hooked up the batteries, put the engine block plugs back in, filled the tires, pulled it off the jack stands, pulled her out of the garage and cranked her over. Started right up. She is ready! Weather permitting, tomorrow, or an evening this week.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk
              If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
              1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• Hung westsuits on bow to dry - got a day on friends X2
                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Had awesome day on the water with mgorczak1 .Boat ran great and water was awesome!
                  "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
                  ---Animal house

Comment

• 3M Paint Armor Installation

Tim Connor owner of “Auto Armor” put 3M protectant film on the transom and trailing edge of the swim deck (I had both repainted at the end of last season) on my ’10 x14v. He came to the house and did an amazing job.

Tim is truly the best in the business, he put the same product on my 911 997 a few years ago. I highly recommend him. For those interested he is in the greater Seattle, Washington area. his number (206) 227-0068.

VERY AFFORDABLE!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Pulled her out of storage. Emptied her out (all camping and water toys) Vac'd her out. Pulled side covers off engine (noticed a drip, uh oh) pulled batteries and put them on the trickle, 24 hours each. Tomarrow I get to get her wet, she needs a bath. Lake Erie in March is sounding real tempting...........

Comment

• Finished the swim platform with a custom fitted teak transom guard that we fabricated for our 02 Prostar 209. Shaped it to match the outer edge so it looks uniform...worked out pretty well.
                        Last edited by ProStarSlave; 03-18-2012, 02:16 PM. Reason: upload pix won't work

Comment

• Nice work also on the refinish to the X 14 deck Matt. Looks really pro. This is why we needed a transom guard above to help try to avoid those issues. Now if we can just get the newbies to stop hitting the transom with the wakesurf boards!

Comment

• Washed her inside and out. Had to pull everything out to include sideboards on the engine. Pressure washed inside and out, ski locker, engine compartment everything, with the exception of the Teak Board. started going through all the lake toys, making sure life jackets still fit everyone. Checked all the ropes to make sure they were still good. and answered questions from everybody that walked by, to include some jehovahs witness's. Next weekend I will start her up and get ready for the lake.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I worked her out for the first time this year! 68 degrees and 58 degrees water temp. Let the fun begin!!

Attached Files
                              If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                              1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double D View Post
                                I worked her out for the first time this year! 68 degrees and 58 degrees water temp. Let the fun begin!!

Hey Double D - like the tower.. you're 94 and my 95 have the same interior.. how do you run your ballast for wake boarding?
                                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
                                X