• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d2jp
    MC Devotee
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by madcityskier View Post
    I'll do what it takes to get on the water......
    That's what it's all about! Mentally I've drawn the line at dropping a ski behind my in-laws pontoon, but not saying I wouldn't do that in order to get out!

Comment

• Chrisoswald
      TT Enthusiast
      • Mar 2012

Growing up on a lake in Mississippi we would ski behind anything with a motor just to be out on the lake. Eventually we got a nautique and i think we taught or pulled every kid in town behind that boat. It's amazing what the right equipment can do. My 8 and 5 year old both popped up like a cork first time out on the boom. I never would have been able to do that at that age being drug behind our family's 18ft Starcraft.

Comment

• madcityskier
        MC Devotee
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by d2jp View Post
        That's what it's all about! Mentally I've drawn the line at dropping a ski behind my in-laws pontoon, but not saying I wouldn't do that in order to get out!
        Have ridden trick skis behind a 24 ft pontoon with a 50 HP Force. Met some guys last week with a pontoon they got free off craigslist. No registration or motor, not even a paddle. They were planning to row out on the lake using snow shovels. Again, whatever it takes to get on the water.
        I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
        I had always thought that there was nothing quite so sad as an abandoned boat.-Terry Hayes

Comment

• pbgbottle
          TT Enthusiast
          • Oct 2011

this is what we learned to ski behind 16 Ft zodiac and a 60 HP. jump start
          my two brothers .
          they haven't tried behind my tristar yet .i hope they will love it . the old zodiac sure got hanked around . but it had a nice flat wake.

small video showing me water skiing behind my 16 ft zodiac with a 60 HP mariner outboard. i weigh about 180lbs. the audio may be out of sync jump starti...

sigpic

1988 mastercraft tristar (open bow).

Comment

• sp00ky
            MC Devotee
            • Jul 2011

I learned to ski and barefoot behind a 16ft 90 hp outboard. My mom had a copy of waterski magazine and helped me to barefoot dropping a kneeboard. That was in 1985.
            2010 X-15
            SOLD 1994 205
            2021 Nissan Titan
            2011 Pathfinder
            2016 Ford Flex
            3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
            1 kid in the Army
            1 kid college grad
            1 left..

Comment

• swardco
              TT Enthusiast
              • Jun 2011

Learned to ski behind a 14 foot runabout with 35 hp Johnson.

Getting ready to spend a week at my folks house in Southern NM where my Dad has a 17 foot with a 140 hp I/O. The hardest part is staying patient on deep water slalom start.

Comment

• DemolitionMan
                MC Devotee
                • Jul 2004

I ride behind my friends 2012 moomba lsv.
                Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

• oxberger
                  MC Fanatic
                  • Jun 2006

I learned to ski behind a 21' Tri-hull Thunderbird with a 115 Evinrude. Over the years I've skied behind various Whalers, Bayliners, Sea Rays, aluminum boats, bass boats, and pontoon boats. I ride on anything just to get out on the water. Since mine is a work in progress, the wife and I bought a cheap canoe to get out on the lake in.
                  "The doctor said I swallow a lot of aggression... along with a lot of pizzas!"

Comment

Working...
                  X