350 MCX spare parts list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 MCX spare parts list

Hello All - Just thought that I would share the spare parts list that I have made up for my boat. My engine is a 2006 MCX with the HVS distributor, but without the cat exhaust. So, just double check and make sure everything applies to your engine.

Let me know if you see any mistakes or have additions to make. Most of the prices that I show are current as of April 1st. A few of them I haven't checked on since October 2013.

Please check out the comments in each field where I have them. I give some extra info and also that particular vendor's part number.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by blackhawk; 04-09-2014, 03:56 PM. Reason: added more info
    We defy the mafia!

Very helpful, thanks. I was planning to buy a spare drive belt and wasn't sure what size it was.
    2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
    (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

Thanks for posting - up on the drop box under auto cross reference.
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Great list thanks!
        '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX
        http://www.wakeblaster.com/
        Ballast Timer Reprogramming Info
        Timer Reprogramming Thread

Comment

Any 6-rib automotive belt that's 13/16" wide and around 43.5" in circumference will do. See this cross reference: (these belts are K060427 and similar)

http://crossbelts.com/serpentine/6ribkseries.html

I purchased a couple of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Continental-E...ywords=4060427

It's a bear getting the alternator tight on the belt again. There's not a good place to put leverage on it. Anybody have any good suggestions?
          Last edited by Soder; 08-01-2016, 03:48 PM.
          2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

Comment

great list! I will be printing that out to keep in my owners binder. It will keep me from searching the net every time I need something!
            2004 X-Star

Comment

[QUOTE

It's a bear getting the alternator tight on the belt again. There's not a good place to put leverage on it. Anybody have any good suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I tighten the mounting bolts until they are snug but I can still move the alternator. Then I just use arm strength and pull out on the alternator while I tighten up the main bolt. Has always worked for me and has been tight enough.
              2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
              (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

I changed my belt this year and I agree that it was tough to get it tight. I believe I used an automotive style pry bar. It worked OK.
                We defy the mafia!

Comment

I have a 2003 MC 205V with the 5.7 MCX 350 MPI Vortec 5.7L Indmar engine. I am trying to get a mobile mechanic to service my boat and he asked me to pick up all the needed parts to do the job. 350hrs on motor, 100hrs or so since last service, etc. Oil, filter, spark plugs, wires, cap, impeller, fuel filter. Not sure what else.
                  I am having a tough time trying to figure out the part numbers and where to get them. The local marine dealers in SW Florida don't have much in the way of Indmar stuff but I realize that it's a GM 5.7L and most of the parts are available from Napa, and the other online marine stuff. Thanks for this spreadsheet

Comment

A small call to SkiDim .. they have all you need ....
                    Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                    1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                    Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                    "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Originally posted by ghutchin View Post
                      I have a 2003 MC 205V with the 5.7 MCX 350 MPI Vortec 5.7L Indmar engine. I am trying to get a mobile mechanic to service my boat and he asked me to pick up all the needed parts to do the job. 350hrs on motor, 100hrs or so since last service, etc. Oil, filter, spark plugs, wires, cap, impeller, fuel filter. Not sure what else.
                      I am having a tough time trying to figure out the part numbers and where to get them. The local marine dealers in SW Florida don't have much in the way of Indmar stuff but I realize that it's a GM 5.7L and most of the parts are available from Napa, and the other online marine stuff. Thanks for this spreadsheet
                      I have a 2004 with the MCX. Parts should all be the same.

Engine oil – SAE 15W40, CG-SJ4 [current is CJ-4] (Rotella or DELO 400) – 5 quarts
                      Filter - WIX 51069 (NAPA Gold 1069)
                      Transmission oil – SAE 15W40 – 4.2 quarts (Owner’s manual pg 19-3)
                      Plugs – AC MR43LTS (0.045 Gap) – $16 ($2.00 @Ama) – anti-seize tube at home
                      Impleller (Johnson 09-812B) – soak in 303 Aerospace in ziplock over the winter
                      Cap - just grab one for a 1994 GM truck with a 5.7L
                      Check skidim.com for wires & fuel filter
                      2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

Comment

Originally posted by ghutchin View Post
                        If your going to replace the fuel filter you might as well replace the pump too other wise I would not even mess with it. You will however need a new fuel pump gasket if you decide to go in the tank reguardless of what you decide to do.

Comment

Ordered from skidim.com. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                          X