No announcement yet.

jsturvey's 225 MariStar Improvement Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed a new bimini on the boat. Obviously I had some little help. Was hoping to splash it this afternoon, but it seems that winter has not said it's final farewell yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joe

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Comment

This weekend, I drained the ATF fluid from the transmission and replaced it with Rotella 15w40 oil. Splashed yesterday evening and I have to say that I am happy with the results. Noticeably quieter and the rock tumbling sound at idle is 90% gone. I also had an ongoing issue with the motor occasionally bogging down when I shift into neutral. That didn't happen a single time yesterday. So, like I said...pleased with the results!

Joe

Comment

jsturvey's 225 MariStar Improvement Thread

A little overdue for a thread update, so here we go. About halfway through last summer's season, I decided it was time to replace the carpet on the forward keel rest on the trailer. Had to get a little creative with the floor jack to get them off.

Joe

Comment

I have debated it for a few years now, and have decided to remove the “MariStar” decals from the side of the boat. With some time, patience, and some help from my almost 7 year old son, we finally got everything off. I did some light sanding and buffing to get rid of the shadows. I must say, I’m pleased with the results!

Joe

Comment

Where Have I Been?

Hello All!

I've been gone for a while from Team Talk, as it's been a couple years since I posted anything. To make a long story short, things in my personal life started taking over and I had to just focus on being a dad and husband for a while.

The good news is I still have my 1998 MariStar and still have been improving her throughout this time. Quit honestly, I found it very theraputic working on it during this season.

The big change is I took the plunge and ordered a New Dimensions Tower August of 2019 and installed it January of 2020. I'll do a write up on it and post the pics I took during the process.

Joe
            Joe

Comment

Welcome back! Glad the boat was good therapy during your hiatus. Looking forward to seeing the updates on the boat.

Comment

Here is the link to the thread with tower installation pics.
                https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=102502
                Joe

Comment

Welcome back! My story is very similar - kids got really busy in their senior year of high school, and it took me off the lake most weekends, and onto the basketball court benches and traveling team trips. Then my twins went off to college, Covid hit, and they freakin' came back RIGHT after I got used to them gone! So back to spending time with them (that didn't include the water as much), and now they are back in college. So I jumped back on TT to spend some evenings getting caught up while I was doing my boat work and getting it back (didn't realize just how much I missed being on the lake, even without pulling or being pulled - just blasting around, then tying up and listening to the radio with a fishing pole). Nice to know the stories and posts are still fun to read, so this is nice place to spend an evening. Cheers.
                  Jeffer

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Comment

Working...
                  X