Surf tabs conversion/upgrade on 2013 MCx55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf tabs conversion/upgrade on 2013 MCx55

Looking to get more into surfing and add surf tabs-- my boat has the buttons on and off the touchscreen to deploy surf tabs-- the original owner just didn't opt to have them installed. Soo.. I call mastercraft, and ultimately they are telling me it can't be done, don't do it. I've read threads of a 2013 x55 that installed gen 2, just said you have to be mindful of the ballast tanks and use a shorter (lenco) actuator, etc. MC hasn't gotten back to me on why a gen1 isn't feasible. First question is if anybody has done this, knows if it can be done, by who, and how. 2nd question is there any real tangible difference bw gen 1 and 2... Ie should I really be pushing the extra hassle and presumably dollars for gen2. 3-- why is MC telling me I can't put friggin surf tabs on my surf boat with surf buttons made in a year where they were putting surf tabs on it!!

Call Ryan at go surf assist..

Comment

There is an insane difference between gen 1 and 2. Gen 1 is a placebo and not worth a dime to put on anything
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Go to go surf assist, gen 1 isn't worth your time, maybe if Aric and I ship you ours you can put them together!
        No it's defiantly not the best thing mc is doing, some one bought a 13 and in 15 they can't buy the upgrade I wonder how many people said "why he'll give me the new one then". It's not the best buisness plan, ryan at GSA started his company because they said no to him. No he builds an awesome alternative to stock options. Highly suggest it turned my boat into a whole different boat. Haven't thought twice about the money I spent on it.
        2012 MC X-25

Comment

Had gen 1 on our x2... Waste of whatever we paid for it.
          2016 X20
          2010 X2, MCX-sold
          2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

Comment

Thanks for the replies-- go surf assist does sound like a nice alternative (probably cheaper too). Any ideas if it will accommodate 2013 MC X55? And the problem it poses with only about 1/2" space between the ballast tanks and transom? Perhaps they are mounting above the ballast tank level and using a longer actuator-- and and modified swimdeck bracket to allow clearance.

Other issue is GSA says they only install in house? In Texas? They won't ship kits? I can't ship my boat to Texas for this.. That's ridiculous. But my boat people here would definitely work with them.

Comment

Well they are the supplier to wakemakers wave control kit. So call wakemakers, order the kit and have your boat people do it for you.
              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
              For Sale:
              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Wake Makers sells GSA as Wave Control. Well actually they haven't been taking orders for quite some time now, but at some point they will resume. $4000 for the complete do-it-yourself install kit.

Comment

Admin, please delete.
                  Last edited by Breiti; 03-31-2016, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I would LOVE to see GoSurfAssist on a X55!

Comment

Working...
                    X