Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation

I have recently moved to Lake Lanier in Georgia after boating on Lake Hartwell for 15 years.

I am not as familiar with Lanier as I would like to be.

My questions is does anyone here know of a gps or gps app that has or allows for depth charts and also allows the user to set a minimum depth on the chart so you can avoid areas that are too shallow.

I bought a garmin 276c and added the depth sounder and the GDS 21 box so I could get maps + depth. I then bought inland water DVD from garmin which gave me all the data.

This was kind of costly as the 276c is no longer in production as well as the GDS 21 all of which I had to buy off of ebay.

There maybe cheaper alternatives out there, but that is what I use(d).
    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

When I am boating in a new area, or a new body of water I use the Navionics App on my Iphone. I have one of those suction cup phone mounts on the windshield so its always up and visible. I know it has depth charts, but I'm not sure about a depth alarm. It is about $10-15/year though.

Comment

Navigation

I have a Lowrance Elite-4 with the Navionics inland lakes S.D. card . On my last boat I had it wired to a transducer , but I my new one I do not so no alarm . It does t wash out in the sun, has been very wet , doesn’t overheat like my phone etc. made for the environment . I’m sure plenty of used ones on ebay.
        Cheapest way out is phone or iPad app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2012 GT205
        2011 X25
        2019 NXT22
        2020 NXT20

Comment

+1......

Originally posted by Whalenjf View Post
          When I am boating in a new area, or a new body of water I use the Navionics App on my Iphone. I have one of those suction cup phone mounts on the windshield so its always up and visible. I know it has depth charts, but I'm not sure about a depth alarm. It is about $10-15/year though.

Comment

Navionics app. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by 440racer View Post
              I have recently moved to Lake Lanier in Georgia after boating on Lake Hartwell for 15 years.

I am not as familiar with Lanier as I would like to be.

My questions is does anyone here know of a gps or gps app that has or allows for depth charts and also allows the user to set a minimum depth on the chart so you can avoid areas that are too shallow.
              I'm on lake Lanier at the North end. It's not too hard to navigate as the channel markers and hazards are well marked
              2010 X-15
              SOLD 1994 205
              2011 Pathfinder
              2016 Ford Flex
              3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
              1 kid in college

Comment

That’s good to know sp00ky.

I’m going to try the Navonics app. Looks lik it will work on my Android phone.

Thanks for replies.

Comment

Working...
                X