Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable Boat Lift sings everything we lower it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slalomjunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by pmikler View Post
    I know that noise well. There is a zerk fitting where the pipe interfaces with the gear. I bet that’s where that noise is coming from. It doesn’t seem like that area would need to be greased at all but it wipes out that noise every time on both my neighbor and my lift.
    I have 2 zerks there and I think 2 on each of the pipe bearings... The other thing I do is spray the pully wheels with WD40

Leave a comment:

• pmikler
    replied
    I know that noise well. There is a zerk fitting where the pipe interfaces with the gear. I bet that’s where that noise is coming from. It doesn’t seem like that area would need to be greased at all but it wipes out that noise every time on both my neighbor and my lift.

Leave a comment:

• georgea0731
    replied
    Grease wouldn't go in? bracket and pipe too tight?

I tried but had the boat on the lift so I could reach them. the pipe is right against the bracket so there no room for the grease to go in or the zers are jammed. If I take the boat off, then I don't think I can get a ladder up under the dock to reach them.
    Thanks I have a guy that is going to try and come over and help.
    Last edited by georgea0731; 06-16-2020, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slalomjunkie
    replied
    Grease the zerks. That's what stops mine

Leave a comment:

• sr56
    replied
    Does yours have grease fittings on the pipe hangers? If so use a grease gun to inject some marine grease until it oozes out the side of the hanger. Mine squeals if there isn’t enough grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• georgea0731
    started a topic Cable Boat Lift sings everything we lower it?

Cable Boat Lift sings everything we lower it?

I'm sorry I don't have a video to post (I'll work on that). In the meantime, we have a center pipe with 4 corner pulleys, motor is beside the main pipe about 3 inches, pulleys are about 6 or 8 inches. The system is 3 years old and it's done it from day 1 and we just got use to it. Now i have neighbors that I don't want to wake up before that early morning ski.
    Each time we lower it, it makes this loud harmonic noise. It even gets louder once the boat is floating freely. Any ideas on how to eliminate this annoying issue? TIA
    Attached Files
Working...
X