Barefoot 200 Speedometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barefoot 200 Speedometers

Hello: I just purchased a BF 200. There are two speedometers on the dash and a third speedometer in the stern area facing forward - likely intended for a judge during competition.

None of them work. Does anybody know how to get those speedometers to work once again. The tubing is not intact, so that is an obvious fix. Does one tube feed all three gauges.

Please help me restore the original operations of these dials.

Boat should have 2 pitots with 2 tubes going to the helm, the third gauge may be driven off the outboard if it has a separate pitot tube or may be T'd off one of the pitot pick ups.

Either way trace those forwards. I usually pull off the tube and use my bicycle pump to make sure its not tubing related.

Comment

Also; clean out the small pitot openings where water comes in. A simple paper clip will work.

93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
        Also; clean out the small pitot openings where water comes in. A simple paper clip will work.

What's a paperclip?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_clip

Really?
          1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
            What's a paperclip?

Stop making fun of the millenials and gen z'ers....... This site is about respect and love for all!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankSchwab View Post
              Yes really. And you know darn well that a paper clip will work.

I keep one on my key chain.

I used to use one of these until they became no longer available. Last year I found a place that makes them but I am not willing to give up my paper clip.

Attached Files
              Last edited by waterlogged882; 05-18-2021, 01:38 PM.
              93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

So if u unwind a paper clip is it still a paper clip... [emoji849][emoji849]

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

I used to use one of these until they became no longer available. Last year I found a place that makes them but I am not willing to give up my paper clip.
                  Source please. I used to have one but the cleaner fell off and now all I have is the float. Thanks.

Comment

If they are Airguide Speedometers you could upgrade them to GPS:
                    See Nauti Logic Web site:
                    https://www.nauticlaugic.com/airglide_2021_menu.html
                    09 214 Prostar with MCX

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                      So if u unwind a paper clip is it still a paper clip... [emoji849][emoji849]

I was gifted a book on industrial design that had an entire chapter on paperclips - something we think of as pretty mundane is actually somewhat particular in design and function.

Comment

Working...
                      X