2000 Prostar Windshield Fastners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Prostar Windshield Fastners

I had a quick question, while boating today I notice the bottom edge of my windshield was not mated to the deck by 1/8" or so. I can push down on it and close the gap; it's obvious the fastener has come loose. This is on the driver's side, right next to the bow pass-thru. There is a black piece of rubber at the base of the windshield and I can feel the fastener under this rubber. My question is, does this rubber just pull out and can be reinstalled or is there some trick to it ? Or should I leave it alone ? I've read many posts about windshields and don't want to mess with it if it might cause problems.

So I found this on Taylor Made's web site:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshield Screw Cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	2410876
    It shows that the windshield screw cover is held in by some sort of 2-sided tape. I only need to remove the first inch or so, I can feel the screw below it but I don't want to pry it out unless I know it will go back. Has anyone tried this ? And what did you have to do to get the screw cover back in ?

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
      ...Or should I leave it alone ? I've read many posts about windshields and don't want to mess with it if it might cause problems.
      ^ this

US $0.02

However if you do find a fix, please update here.

93 190
      John 14:6
      2 Peter 1:3–8
      Matthew 6:1-4

Comment

Working...
      X