Windshield adjustment help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield adjustment help

I do not have photos specifically of this but I will do my best to explain. On my '04 Star, when the walkthrough panel is closed, the top right corner of the walkthrough frame where it meets the driver side window frame sits about a quarter to a half inch lower. It does not appear to be very out of square with the rest of the frame and the entire frame, supports and hinges are all tight with very minimal movement. I do not see any way to adjust the hinge or supports to correct this without moving and redrilling supports or mounting holes. Not a huge thing but for sure one of the little details that bothers me. I do not expect perfection from a 17 year old rig but would like to clean it up a bit. Any tips or tricks anyone has done or knows?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by LakeLuv View Post
    I do not have photos specifically of this but I will do my best to explain. On my '04 Star, when the walkthrough panel is closed, the top right corner of the walkthrough frame where it meets the driver side window frame sits about a quarter to a half inch lower. It does not appear to be very out of square with the rest of the frame and the entire frame, supports and hinges are all tight with very minimal movement. I do not see any way to adjust the hinge or supports to correct this without moving and redrilling supports or mounting holes. Not a huge thing but for sure one of the little details that bothers me. I do not expect perfection from a 17 year old rig but would like to clean it up a bit. Any tips or tricks anyone has done or knows?
    Thanks!
    See if there is anything in this thread that may help.

93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

These tugs take a beating especially a star if you do double ups. I had the opposite problem on my prostar where the hin pin wanted to come out all the time. Rig you call it??? You better talk nicer about her... lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
        See if there is anything in this thread that may help.

Thank you, but not quite what i am looking for. There is no damage, more of a sag issue. What little I know of this boats history before me I doubt the walkthrough was closed very often. I will check it with a square this weekend and see what i find. I may just need to remove it and gently pull it back in square.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeLuv View Post
          Thank you, but not quite what i am looking for. There is no damage, more of a sag issue. What little I know of this boats history before me I doubt the walkthrough was closed very often. I will check it with a square this weekend and see what i find. I may just need to remove it and gently pull it back in square.
          Got it. Do a word search here and see if other threads come to the forefront. I vaguely remember a thread about your specific issue.

Best on the solution.

93 190
          (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
            These tugs take a beating especially a star if you do double ups. I had the opposite problem on my prostar where the hin pin wanted to come out all the time. Rig you call it??? You better talk nicer about her... lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            Think of it as a term of endearment. In the 4 to 5 months i have owned this lady (is that better? ) I have grown quite fond of her. Hence the effort to clean up all of these little details that no one besides most on here would give a second thought to. Fortunately for me, and what I know of the history and visual evidence, I dont believe she has been abused unless you would count lack of regular use. Which I absolutely do!

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
              Got it. Do a word search here and see if other threads come to the forefront. I vaguely remember a thread about your specific issue.

Best on the solution.

Thank you! I guess it is time for me to stop being search lazy....

Comment

With the horror stories written about trying to replace a broken windshield, I wouldn't touch it.
                OH-IO!

Comment

My issue wasn't exactly the same as yours, but I saw no way to adjust my windshield other than removing it and re-drilling the mounting holes...which I wasn't going to do. All of my windshield components are tight and in great shape, so I just assumed that mine was a little off from the factory or the hull and deck have had some minor twists and bends since 1995. I'm the second owner.

The gap in my windshield is larger when the boat is in the water versus being on the trailer, which shows how much the hull flexes. I never noticed the gap until I hit a large roller and the windshield dropped down past the drivers side frame and got jammed. I made a modification to the window frame and it's held up perfectly. Good luck with yours.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...ght=windshield
                  “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

This is the thread I had in mind.

Thanks for the link and your contributions.

93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

My walk-thru window tends to sag while trailering. Once I’m on the water I simply put my palm on the hinge side while pulling up on the latch side to bring it back to square - then it aligns perfectly. I haven’t yet figured out a good way to keep it from doing this.
                      On my ‘06 X30 I actually reinstalled the port side of the windshield to get things to line up properly as the latch side of the walk-thru glass always sat about ⅜” too low.

Comment

Mine was sagging on my '14 X2... simply loosened the screw in each corner of the window frame on the "swinging" section, gently realigned, and re-tightened. Took all of five minutes, and has held all summer, so worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well folks, thank you for all of the feedback. I took a closer look this past weekend to see if there was any room to move. Sorry, forgot to get pics. It seems everything is tight, frame, supports, hinge, all of it. Walk-through panel is tight and square. Oddly enough the gap on the vertical frame member is really close to consistent also. So... 1(It was made that way. Or 2) The hull has tweaked somewhere along the way. Either answer results in.... I ain't touching it! Lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X