X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnnyB
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    Used my hands to hold assembly. Was gentle at first then gave it the taps a bit of tough love. It was a pain between taps... hopefully bezel was not removed then add with some adhesive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That worked. All 3 bezels off. One lens casualty. Sciensetuff.com has lenses. Now to drill a hole in the glass....

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Just tried to lightly clamp it in a vice but that didn't hold.....what did you use to hold it while you tapped [emoji34]

Used my hands to hold assembly. Was gentle at first then gave it the taps a bit of tough love. It was a pain between taps... hopefully bezel was not removed then add with some adhesive.

Leave a comment:

• dt37803
    replied
    I just repaired a glass in mine. Heated the bezel with a heat gun slowly to allow expansion of the metal then pulled off with leather gloves. Hot hot hot.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied
    Just work it with a hammer and a small screwdriver.. i had same issue... it needs to be tapped off little by little

Just tried to lightly clamp it in a vice but that didn't hold.....what did you use to hold it while you tapped [emoji34]

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Just work it with a hammer and a small screwdriver.. i had same issue... it needs to be tapped off little by little

If that doesn't work..... bigger hammer.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    started a topic Disassembly of airguides...stuck bezels

Disassembly of airguides...stuck bezels

Bezel stuck...one slid off with lots of pulling....the other isn't budging. Any ideas?

Working...
X