Disassembly of airguides...stuck bezels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disassembly of airguides...stuck bezels

Bezel stuck...one slid off with lots of pulling....the other isn't budging. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Just work it with a hammer and a small screwdriver.. i had same issue... it needs to be tapped off little by little

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
      Just work it with a hammer and a small screwdriver.. i had same issue... it needs to be tapped off little by little

If that doesn't work..... bigger hammer.

93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Just tried to lightly clamp it in a vice but that didn't hold.....what did you use to hold it while you tapped [emoji34]

Comment

I just repaired a glass in mine. Heated the bezel with a heat gun slowly to allow expansion of the metal then pulled off with leather gloves. Hot hot hot.
          Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
            Just tried to lightly clamp it in a vice but that didn't hold.....what did you use to hold it while you tapped [emoji34]

Used my hands to hold assembly. Was gentle at first then gave it the taps a bit of tough love. It was a pain between taps... hopefully bezel was not removed then add with some adhesive.

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Used my hands to hold assembly. Was gentle at first then gave it the taps a bit of tough love. It was a pain between taps... hopefully bezel was not removed then add with some adhesive.

That worked. All 3 bezels off. One lens casualty. Sciensetuff.com has lenses. Now to drill a hole in the glass....

Comment

Working...
              X