X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by 1redTA View Post
    The PETG is having issues so I am looking for better printer settings, 250 hot end, 60 bed and zero fan will be next. The carabiner I printed as a test was easily pulled apart and had bad layers that sphagettied
    Best on the deliverable. Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    The PETG is having issues so I am looking for better printer settings, 250 hot end, 60 bed and zero fan will be next. The carabiner I printed as a test was easily pulled apart and had bad layers that sphagettied

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    been dealing with Covid and quarantined in a part of the house, not in the same room as the printer :-)

now the wife has it

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    ha ha right? I’m working the next 48 and spent today getting the fence line ready to be replaced. maybe by the middle of the week
    Update?

Last edited by waterlogged882; 02-05-2022, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    ha ha right? I’m working the next 48 and spent today getting the fence line ready to be replaced. maybe by the middle of the week

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    something disrupted the print boo
    Go again...

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    something disrupted the print boo

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Printing half of the rear vent (transom) with more leftover PLA. I ordered a 2kg role of black PETG to try a print with today once it shows up. The colors available have me thinking about a sand colored filament to blend/match the vents with the boat. This print will only be 12 hours…
    go ...

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    Printing half of the rear vent (transom) with more leftover PLA. I ordered a 2kg role of black PETG to try a print with today once it shows up. The colors available have me thinking about a sand colored filament to blend/match the vents with the boat. This print will only be 12 hours…

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    Yes, it’s for the engine cover. This wouldn’t fit inside the original hole with out some light file work in the fiberglass.

I was thinking the same thing about the holes and finishing them but I’d need a drill press. Locating the holes needs to be done before the chamfers. I’m going to add the holes before the chamfers next print and hopefully figure out which screw size they are. I’m going to shave some areas to speed up the total time hopefully.

The printer is a Creality10s and you can really adjust the quality or precision of the print but at a huge increase in print time. This was 24 hours.

Im using up some old PLA I had loaded for the prototypes, a role of the PETG is supposed to be UV resistant so that will be what the actual part will be made of.

Leave a comment:

• Huckelfin
    replied
    the first print made it through, I used a simpler sketch to get an idea of how things look in hand. The other sketch has the vents all chamfered, but I will need to work on the screw size, since I just put a #2 screw hole in.
    This is for the engine cover, correct? It looks really good so far, nice work. For holes, would it be simpler/higher quality to machine after print using the small holes as pilot holes? That way you could easily add a chamfer as well to countersink the screw heads. I don't know how accurate the 3D printer can be in this regard.

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    the first print made it through, I used a simpler sketch to get an idea of how things look in hand. The other sketch has the vents all chamfered, but I will need to work on the screw size, since I just put a #2 screw hole in.
    Looks good.

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tph
    replied
    I can’t help but notice the difference of our two vents. the engine box vent will be able to print as one piece
    I think '81 was a transition year. IIRC some newer (squared windshield (deluxe?) boats) were sold as well as the rounded windshield boats of earlier years. So, two different vents.

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post

Your vent looks exactly the same as my 85... Broken and all. Although I think mine is worse.
    Here is one of several 85s I have ran across. Photo credit to owner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	85 rear vent.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2696421

Leave a comment:

Working...
X