Offseason Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Upgrades

After one full season of ownership, the wife and I decided it was time for a few upgrades to our X2. We had all of our interior skins rebuilt by SewFine in coolfeel vinyl and I just finished up the installation this past weekend. Very happy with the entire process as well as the results. We also ditched the dingy old snap in carpet in favor of foam flooring. We took a risk on a direct-from-China variant instead of one of the name brands, hopefully we'll be happy with it long term. The initial quality seems very good, although the pattern is not 100% perfect it's close enough given the reasonable cost. I also ditched the original tower speakers and cans and replaced with JL 8.8's and wired them to their own dedicated amplifier, then added a second amp for the interior speakers & sub, and added a Roswell volume control to adjust the interior and tower volumes independently. I'm probably 90% done with the audio, so no pics yet. Hopefully we're done with the sub-freezing temps in the south and I can have her back in the water in the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed!

Before Photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1654.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2699849

Name:	IMG_1655.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	2699850

Name:	IMG_1662.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	2699851

After Photos:

Name:	IMG_2547.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	2699852

Name:	IMG_2548.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	2699853

Name:	IMG_2549.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	2699854

Name:	IMG_2550.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	2699855

Looks great and all good choices for upgrades in my opinion. The towers will sound great. Floor looks good. New skins always look good.

93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

Ditto on the look, very nice upgrades. Was the flooring through the retailer on eBay?

Comment

Wow, nice updates on your X2!!! Looks amazing. I’m looking at updating 08 X2. How was the your experience with the flooring from China? Is it Seateak Marine Floor from eBay? Was it easy to install? Is it peal and stick? How a it holding up?

Comment

Thanks guys! The flooring came from a seller on Aliexpress, but I think it's likely that all of the options there or amazon or ebay are likely the same product. Installation was peel and stick, so it was very easy. Took much more time and effort simply removing the old carpet and snaps and cleaning the floor properly to prep for installation. I'll update later with how it's holding up after some use.

Oh, and I'll have new decals going on the hull soon as well. Gel was pretty oxidized so I removed all of the old letters and bullseye vinyl decals and I did the 3-step Meguiars kit to bring it back to life. I took advantage of the Domed Numbers black friday sale for the letters and almost forgot about it! More photos to come after I get them applied.

Comment

Working...
          X