Pole for Ski Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole for Ski Pole

I have a 2000 SportStar with the Matercraft cover and it pools water just in front of the engine cover. I was thinking of getting a pipe and effectively making the ski pole higher to raise the cover and stretching it. My boat is in storage still, could anyone give me the size/ diameter of the ski pole? I know it tapers at the top, so the thicker part. The idea being to put the pipe on top and raise the cover at that point.
    2000 MC SportStar
    2017 SQ5
    2009 KTM 530 Exc
    2012 BMW K1300r

Can’t help you with pole diameter, but… I bet 3” PVC would slide over it real well. Cut a length long enough to go from the floor to 2” short of where you want your cover to be to avoid pooling, then put an end cap on the PVC so no sharp edges stress your cover or tear it.

—Sky
    ------------------------------------------------
    2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
    2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post
      Can’t help you with pole diameter, but… I bet 3” PVC would slide over it real well. Cut a length long enough to go from the floor to 2” short of where you want your cover to be to avoid pooling, then put an end cap on the PVC so no sharp edges stress your cover or tear it.

—Sky
      Thanks. Once I get the boat I can check the width and the height I will need.
      2000 MC SportStar
      2017 SQ5
      2009 KTM 530 Exc
      2012 BMW K1300r

Comment

Working...
      X