Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on here ever restore an '87-90 Prostar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here ever restore an '87-90 Prostar?

If anyone has ever worked on the side vent windows, or replaced them, how did you accomplish this? I have a broken vent window and the frame around it has some minor damage. The rubber hinge is perplexing and probably impossible to find. Any suggestions, or how did you resolve any problems with these old windshields. I cannot tell from Taylor made windshield website whether they can re-create these parts.

IIRC the only year with vent windows was '87. Parts will probably be hard to find. I have restored an '89 but that window area was fixed. Maybe it's possible to fill that area with a lexan or glass fixed window.

Comment

Originally posted by tph View Post
      ...Maybe it's possible to fill that area with a lexan or glass fixed window.
      This is about the only solution, barring some custom rabbit-out-of-the-hat deliverable.

From all I have read about Taylormade, they don't re-create any of the vintage wind screens.

I do know that at one time this fellow was doing some things. He was with Taylormade for a good while. No guarantee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshield glass replacement.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2716047
      93 190
      (safe click)
      John 14:6
      (safe click)

Comment

Working...
      X