• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad you updated your cool build
    1981 MasterCraft
    19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
    Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

• Wow, what a fun read and a great renovation!

Comment

• Living MasterCraft , it has been more then 10 years had kept this boat , now it is time to make some maintenance, the swimming platform finally retired , making a new one , flat surface ,
        no grills , I am not sure how this will effect the wave or cruising , any ideas ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kiteklan View Post
          Living MasterCraft , it has been more then 10 years had kept this boat , now it is time to make some maintenance, the swimming platform finally retired , making a new one , flat surface ,
          no grills , I am not sure how this will effect the wave or cruising , any ideas ???

Original peace

Comment

• Hi Kiteklan

I just stumbled upon your thread. I've spent the past few hours reading the entire thread.

Olağanüstü!

Would I say in your language.

I am now also considering whether the next engine should be a diesel.
            Here in Switzerland, a liter of petrol from a marina gas station costs 1.90CHF (1.74Euro / 2.11$)
            In canisters from the regular (cheaper) petrol station is prohibited for inboard engines due to the risk of spilling into the lake...

I am looking forward to your experience with the new swim platform. I think that when the ship is swinging in the water, quite a lot of forces will act on your platform, as the water cannot pass through the openings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwissCraft1291 View Post
              Hi Kiteklan

I just stumbled upon your thread. I've spent the past few hours reading the entire thread.

Olağanüstü!

Would I say in your language.

I am now also considering whether the next engine should be a diesel.
              Here in Switzerland, a liter of petrol from a marina gas station costs 1.90CHF (1.74Euro / 2.11$)
              In canisters from the regular (cheaper) petrol station is prohibited for inboard engines due to the risk of spilling into the lake...

I am looking forward to your experience with the new swim platform. I think that when the ship is swinging in the water, quite a lot of forces will act on your platform, as the water cannot pass through the openings.

Thanks for the compliment, I found the Diesel engine very economic compared with gas but on health wise my doctor friends warned me about the fumes of diesel is more harmful then gas, I think living in any Metropol around the world ;you inhale more diesel then any joy activity in water. This is another discussion.
              My experience with the boat was (as you said) in my language “magnificent” , i had enjoyed this boat so many hours with my family.

Steyr 236 ,246 inline 6 cylinder engines are widely used on big boats but not on a prostar, it occupies so much space where I need to enlarge the engine compartment. There is so much torque on the engine and a very big propeller , ratio of gearbox is 2:1 , made 20-30knots cruising and 42knots top speed.

Those years , i had enjoyed so much rebuilding this boat and it took around 2 months max renovation cause I did not have so much time.

These days I am looking for a bargain boat where I can start a new project .

About the swimming platform , I think you are right but I can always add grills later.

Comment

• WOW! What a great project, I just spent my morning reading through this with a coffee. Now that's impressive!

The platform looks great and should not be an issue with out the slots. The new prostars do not have slotted platforms and look more like your new one.

Comment

• Many tournament ski boats come with solid wood platforms. You shouldn't experience any negative performance from going with the solid one as a replacement. I want to close mine up too. Not having the slats acts as an exhaust fume barrier (although not much of one) when the boat is idling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                    WOW! What a great project, I just spent my morning reading through this with a coffee. Now that's impressive!

The platform looks great and should not be an issue with out the slots. The new prostars do not have slotted platforms and look more like your new one.

Thanks, hope there are usefull information.
                    I think the platform without slots looks better. Original one would last more 10 years if I had maintained properly which is lighter and had more workmanship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
                      Many tournament ski boats come with solid wood platforms. You shouldn't experience any negative performance from going with the solid one as a replacement. I want to close mine up too. Not having the slats acts as an exhaust fume barrier (although not much of one) when the boat is idling.

Fume barrier !! Excellent point, you are absolutely right slots bypassed the fumes most of the time on low speed and idling. Thanks...

Comment

• Finished

Comment

Finished

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Now i need to repair old aluminium brackets.
                              By the way I would like to explain how the old platform took the major damage ,”Reckless brother” hit a wall when backing up the boat for parking...

Comment

Now i need to repair old aluminium brackets.
                                By the way I would like to explain how the old platform took the major damage ,”Reckless brother” hit a wall when backing up the boat for parking...

Broken bracket

Comment

Working...
                                X