Body work in SW Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body work in SW Michigan

I'm looking to have the gel coat restored, a few small dings fixed and new decals put on my boat. It's located in Sister Lakes, MI. I would do it myself, but I don't have the knowledge or the time.
    Thanks!!

I am also in the Sister Lakes area, welcome to TeamTalk. Have you had any luck with your search?
    Held to a Higher Standard......Let's Face It Steak Costs More Than Hamburger - MASTERCRAFT

Comment

If you're willing to pull over to the other side of the state I have a couple that I've used. Fred's Custom Boats is about the best that I know of. Not cheap but very good. My next choice would be Glass Masters. Not quite as good but depending on what you need done certainly very acceptable and better pricing. I had good luck and good service from both. Both are located on M59 in the White Lake, Waterford area.

Comment

Thanks for the info BT.

I'll keep those names on record in case I need to get some body work done.

Tough to find good help in the SW Michigan area for custom work.
        Held to a Higher Standard......Let's Face It Steak Costs More Than Hamburger - MASTERCRAFT

Comment

Hey guys - I am on Magicican- which lake are you on? Anyway, if you are willing to drive - take your boat to Action Water Sports in Hudsonville. I have have my gel coat refurbed before and going to have it done again this year. Reasonable (relatively speaking) and they do a fantastic job. Highly recommenced.

Comment

I am on round.

Good to see Sister Lakes represented in TeamTalk!

Comment

AWS in Fenton was using Fred's for years. Pretty sure they still do.

Kind of sad about west Michigan and boating. Back in the 80s / 90s they were the home to several boat builders like S2, Slickcraft and Power Quest.

Comment

I agree it is sad. We've only been in the area that past 5 years or so and my experience with the local marinas has been mixed.

I guess you'll get that everywhere though.

Comment

I am on round lake as well in michigan and earlier this summer I bought a 97 prostar 205 in fact
                  I was skiing the past days on the lake. Awesome fall weather. It was noon today and the water was like glass.

Comment

Congrats Need an MC on the 97 205. Welcome to the MC family!

I agree awesome weather. We took our boat out and winterized it yesterday. Tough to do when it's nice but had enough help to take our lift out so had to do it.

This is the best time of the year to ski up there.

Comment

Devils Lake water Sports uses a place in Addison, I hear they are really good? I don't know who they use but I'm sure if you called them they would tell you. Good to see some local TT members. We should all meet up next summer somewhere!

Comment

I'm on Pontiac Lake. Went last Saturday with just the O'Neil Hammer top, Water was actually not bad at all. Was going to pull the boat this weekend but will hold off another week. Not sure how that I'll work out, just don't want to get caught having to winterize the boat in freezing rain or snow again.
                        Last edited by bturner2; 09-29-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X