My 1990 Prostar hull resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1990 Prostar hull resto

The last few years have been a whirlwind of activity leaving little time or resources to the proper care of my baby. I'm almost ashamed to post pics due to the faded condition of the hull. I tried to buff it a couple of seasons ago but it needed much more than just a quick job. I'm about to make it all right now. I'm stripping the decals buffing and wet sanding where needed the entire hull. The vinyl decals are being replaced with an entire set including pinstripe. I began last night.
    Now for the question; I began by taking detailed measurements of the old sticker placement And I noticed the rear decals were off center by just over an inch. Was that purposeful or just a long ago mistake? Insight, opinions welcome. I will continue to post progress as it happens.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1990lmtd; 04-22-2015, 11:29 PM. Reason: auto correct

ok _ I am missing the socket placement
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Sticker placement. Sorry. Edited it quick but I guess not quick enough for you.

Comment

Prolly was eyeballed when installed..
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Good luck. I know how much work you have ahead of you. I just did mine. You will be amazed at how you can make it shine again.

Comment

i did mine last year ... it will be a new boat again

Comment

and my decals were off too ... it wasn't computer controlled 25 years ago

Comment

stop wasting your time trying to remove those decals. Go buy a decal eraser

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
                  stop wasting your time trying to remove those decals. Go buy a decal eraser
                  Will the decal eraser remove the glue? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the residue off. Everything I'm trying seems to just spread it around.

Comment

Decal Glue Removal

Acetone will remove the glue.

Comment

Maybe I need to just use more of it. The acetone melted the glue but seemed to spread it around and then it re cured. I don't know, I'll just keep working at it. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Yes the eraser took the glue off for me...well...it turned it into balls I could pikc off easily. Then I went over the area with acetone.

Much quicker process then you are doing now. I was doing the smae until someone ont he thread told me to buy the big eraser.

Best of luck. Ill be following this thread

Comment

Hey thought I would ask - thinking about removing the chewed up decals from my PS205 and replacing them. Thought that since I stripped those off, I might as well do a really thorough waxing sequence (no oxidation after 20 years somehow on a black hull). To reapply new decals, do I need to get the wax off or just give it a good wash and dry? Any help would be appreciated - 1990lmtd, sorry to bomb your thread with an off topic question...
                          Jason & Fletch

Comment

Use XYLENE to remove sticker residue/glue

WEAR GLOVES!!
                            Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

No problem at all on the thread bomb. Thanks for the xylene link also. My wife picked up two bottles of acetone for me to try tonight. If that doesn't work it'll be a trip to the orange store tomorrow. Throw up a picture of the 205 also.

Comment

Working...
                              X