• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on lets see some finished product pics

Comment

Originally posted by dmbeck View Post
      Come on lets see some finished product pics
      Lol Sorry, been using it so much. I haven't taken pics. I will hopefully take some this weekend and post them.

Comment

Only pic I got this weekend. Too busy enjoying it.
        Attached Files

Comment

^^Wow! She looks like brand new. Great job!

Joe

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Comment

Amazing! There is so much pride in ownership and satisfaction with a DIY restoration that you would never get from buying one new or one someone else restored. It's a great, versatile boat and it looks like the little ones are benefitting from you hard work. I'm impressed that you went from trashed to treasure in just about 4 months! Way to go!
            Mind giving us a round number on total investment? $'s and hours?

Comment

Looks great, well done!! And as echoed above, restoring the boat yourself is the way to go....

Comment

awesome.. many MCOCD points for you! congrats.
                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Remembered to snap a picture before putting the cover on last night.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks awesome!
                    13 Super Air Nautique 230
                    03 Super Air Nautique TE 210 - Sold
                    88 Mastercraft TriStar 220 - Sold

Comment

[QUOTE=Olaff;1241198]Amazing! There is so much pride in ownership and satisfaction with a DIY restoration that you would never get from buying one new or one someone else restored. It's a great, versatile boat and it looks like the little ones are benefitting from you hard work. I'm impressed that you went from trashed to treasure in just about 4 months! Way to go!
                      Mind giving us a round number on total investment? $'s and hours?[/QUOTE

I have just under $12,000 total invested. (so there should be a little equity) And about 40 hours of restore time.

Comment

Excellent job! 40 hours is a bit low, you must work speedy fast!
                        For every hour I'm in the garage I'll set in the seat making motor boat noises for at least half the time!
                        If you truly have only $12K in it, you stole it!

Comment

This is a sweet thread! Enjoy it, nothing like the satisfaction when your done and you did it!!!!congrats man

Comment

I have just under $12,000 total invested. (so there should be a little equity) And about 40 hours of restore time.[/QUOTE]

I would bet you could put it on the market today for $20k and get it.

Comment

Installed EVA teak flooring this past weekend.
                              Attached Files

Comment

question did you use some sort of rubber gasket or such to fill in the holes between the AL panel and the fiberglass? did you also add something to bring the AL panel level with the fiberglass? My AL panel was leveled with what appears to be the carpet so I am looking at adding some sort of rubber seal to the bottom to bring it up a 1/4 inch and to fill in the gap that is 1/2" to 3/8" around the sides... I don't want to make it so I can't get that panel out should I need to.. how did you get the carpet out of the seams in the front...Looks like I will have to use a pic of sorts to do it..

I have the gap between the panels and the floor I am thinking of just filling that with 4100 or 5200 and then putting the new EVA flooring in. I am also going to do sections instead of 2 large placements... so like others there will be 1/4 gaps or so between areas...

Looks great!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by curver900; 03-26-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X