No announcement yet.

Beginning My Restoration project 2000 205v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more pics of the carpet/EVA flooring install please - you've really done an amazing job here!

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
      question did you use some sort of rubber gasket or such to fill in the holes between the AL panel and the fiberglass? did you also add something to bring the AL panel level with the fiberglass? My AL panel was leveled with what appears to be the carpet so I am looking at adding some sort of rubber seal to the bottom to bring it up a 1/4 inch and to fill in the gap that is 1/2" to 3/8" around the sides... I don't want to make it so I can't get that panel out should I need to.. how did you get the carpet out of the seams in the front...Looks like I will have to use a pic of sorts to do it..

I have the gap between the panels and the floor I am thinking of just filling that with 4100 or 5200 and then putting the new EVA flooring in. I am also going to do sections instead of 2 large placements... so like others there will be 1/4 gaps or so between areas...

Looks great!

I used Aluminum Flat stock to raise the floor up. To fill the gaps I used 100% silicone and used a spreader to float it. I should never have to access that AL panel (gas tank is plastic and will probably never have to be removed) but should I have too the silicone will come right out. I spent under $200 on the flooring so, if I need to access the area and Have to pull up the flooring it wont really have too much effect on budget. I thought about doing it in sections like you are saying until I saw that gap.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks it was a job! I'm feeling it today. I climbed in and out of that boat more times than I can count. Shouldn't have skipped leg day. LOL

Comment

The carpet at the seem up front was really hard to get out! I ended up leaving some of it that I couldn't get out. I layed the new flooring over top and split the difference where the transition is. I didn't want to entirely go up to the transition edge because I am going to put the flooring in the bow area as well and didn't want it to be a tripping hazard.

Comment

thanks for the pics that helps... I will post up what I do I hate rattling so I am leaning towards the rubber fill

https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/124/3675/=1c54tjk

Comment

Are you doing the samething? Post back here or do you have your own post? Interested to see what you do too.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalenjf View Post
                We just refurbished our trailer and we used this stuff:
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stick-on-Vin...684508?vxp=mtr

It looks just like the original stuff, and it was really easy to work with. We just cut it to size cause it came in a huge sheet. It's thin textured rubber, not aggressive like grip tape.
                I need to do this as well. How far did this stuff go for one order?

Comment

Originally posted by jharmon203 View Post
                  I need to do this as well. How far did this stuff go for one order?
                  It did our entire dual axle trailer and then some. We added some to common wear spots too, like where everybody likes to step on/over the tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bstorin View Post
                    Are you doing the samething? Post back here or do you have your own post? Interested to see what you do too.
                    I am going to visit a buddy of mine to see what he can do to the aluminum piece.. I will start a new thread next week most likely...

Comment

Working...
                    X