Beginning My Restoration project 2000 205v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning My Restoration project 2000 205v

So I thought I'd start my thread with a few before photos and I will telling the story and updates as we go along. I picked up this find last week just waiting on the title. The cleaning and upholstery will be getting done shortly (Hopefully starting this week) I plan on doing a few mods to it as well. Stay tuned for more...

Photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Always sad to see a nice boat deteriorate to this state. Thanks for bringing her back!
      2016 X20
      2010 X2, MCX-sold
      2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

Comment

Wow, you're going to need a lot of magic erasers!

Actually gelcoat in the one pic looks pretty good. New carpet and new interior looks like most of your problem. Does it run? Does it steer? Looks like salt water use so I'd get a steering cable and maybe eliminate the MDC box, install new gauges too. I think there is a thread on that.

Glad she's getting a second chance.......please bit** slap the previous owner for us!
        I was njskier on here.

Comment

Good luck mate. Looking forward to following this project. Let me know if you find a source for the MC grip tape on the trailer

-T

Comment

Boat looks intact and solid. You are in for a great time. Give me a shout when you get to working on the trailer.
            CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
            sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
            REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
            REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
            Email - [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasAlive View Post
              Good luck mate. Looking forward to following this project. Let me know if you find a source for the MC grip tape on the trailer

-T
              We just refurbished our trailer and we used this stuff:
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stick-on-Vin...684508?vxp=mtr

It looks just like the original stuff, and it was really easy to work with. We just cut it to size cause it came in a huge sheet. It's thin textured rubber, not aggressive like grip tape.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow I heard the vinyl was a bit "iffy" on those year boats buy had no idea.......

Comment

Congrats on your acquisition! Looks like you have your work cut out ahead of you, but that's a very good starting point! Keep the progress pics coming!
                  1989 Tristar 190 - Indmar 351, 250HP, 1:1, 580 hours

Comment

Interior

Originally posted by damaged442 View Post
                    Congrats on your acquisition! Looks like you have your work cut out ahead of you, but that's a very good starting point! Keep the progress pics coming!
                    What do you guys think as far as interior colors. The green and tan on the exterior is a little bit of an out dated color scheme. I was thinking about something like this:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bstorin View Post
                      What do you guys think as far as interior colors. The green and tan on the exterior is a little bit of an out dated color scheme. I was thinking about something like this:
                      That looks great. You could always consider a partial wrap to cover the green. The sky is the limit as far as colors go then.
                      CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
                      sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
                      REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
                      REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
                      Email - [email protected]

Comment

Love the tan and white interior you posted as an example! Just a thought - make the piping between the tan and white a 3rd color (darker tan, black or silver) that will make it "pop" a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by homer12 View Post
                          Love the tan and white interior you posted as an example! Just a thought - make the piping between the tan and white a 3rd color (darker tan, black or silver) that will make it "pop" a bit.
                          Do think its white and tan? Or is it more of an off white?

Comment

It will be pure white.
                            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I think with the tan dash and arm rest panel you'll be tied to some sort of tan variation in order to not clash colors, but I do love that tan interior! The person who would know the colors for sure are Jim or Carl at Viper Customs, they did that interior you posted. They just finished the interior in our boat too and they do phenomenal work!

Comment

Working...
                              X