Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

92 Barefoot 200 Construction/ Restoration questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timr71
    replied
    congrats! Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• BacNBlak
    replied
    Nice work! Looks like you and me got our marathon projects on the water on the same day!

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Looks great. I like it a lot. Good job on the work. I like the color scheme in particular.

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    And..after a few years of much less then part time work...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Made my own rigging hose setup. Couldn't afford the expensive stuff. Hardware store and $30 later....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    See pics for plates.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Got my stainless "transom saver" plates ready. Just need longer bolts now .

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Thanks. It looks good at about 10 feet lol. I went over it with a wool pad and medium cut 3M gelcoat cut and wax. That will be all I am going to do for the next couple weeks. I noticed that there is still some sanding scratches in it in a few places so I will have to go back over it and do a better job. There is also some gel coat chips right along the rubrail. I plan to replace the rub rail and fix the chips after my holidays that are fast approaching. I want the boat sea worthy for them. I can take my time and make it really shine after that. I dont want to be trying to get it perfect, and not be ready.
    Its actually 5 colors...crazy. The green, then red and black stripes and then the off white (light grey), then a small strip above the rub rail is white. Hard to tell in the photos the difference between the white and the off white. I actually didn't notice this until I wet sanded it and it turned white lol

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Looks great.

Appears you did a good job on the sanding (tedious chore).

Cut it one last time with a compound and wool before you finish cut it and wax.

Again, looks great. I like the oyster white / red/black trim and the trailer wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Ready for polishing...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    So...spent some time cleaning up the top deck. Sanded most of the major scratches out, color matched some gel and touched up a few spots and started sanding away. Got it sanded all the way to 2000 grit. Tomorrow will be polish and buff time. Not bad so far. Hoping to rig the motor this week.

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Probably could do it..but really tricky. Unless it's a walking foot sewing machine, your asking for trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Ugotta1it
    replied
    DIY Upholestery

There is a guy on youtube who claims to be doing his boat upholestery with his wifes regular sewing machine.

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Wait....I think my math is wrong. The A+B+C measurements should be 8+3+3 so closer to 14'. That sounds better. Be nice to know if that's about right....

Leave a comment:

• Spidermonkey
    replied
    Anyone know what the length of control cables are for this boat? I am measuring about 20 or 21 feet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X