Observer seat hinge 1996 Prostar 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer seat hinge 1996 Prostar 190

Both hinges are intact but they are very difficult to move. This has cause the screws that go into the observer seat to pull out. I can fix that easy enough but is there any source for new hinges?

should be easy to source from atwood.com or other marine hardware sites. look in the library under general discussion.
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Plenty of people on the site with screws pulled out of the seat but no one with a source on the hinges. They are very unusual. Check the ones on your boat. They should be the same. I will post a picture tonight.

Comment

These should work.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NUFQA2O...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
          That looks pretty close. I wonder where the springs are that they mentioned? BTW, the last time I ordered those hinges was at least ten years ago and I got them from Lex @ Rambo Marine. Pretty sure Rambo gave up the MC line. Have you tried any other dealers?

Comment

I haven't checked dealers. I figured that parts from a boat that old wouldn't be available. I think the spring that they mentioned would connect to the tab with the hole in it. I would cut that off before installation. If worse comes to worse, I could rebuild the ones I have.

Comment

I have a 99 Sportstar OB and my observer seat hinges (mainly the fold down upper seat part) are rusted through. I have looked at several marine sites for this hinge. This is the closest that I can find.

http://www.stanleyhinges.com/342-War...vot-items.aspx

Has anyone else used these?

Comment

RJ. Those are the exact same hinges as on my boat. Thanks, just ordered some.

Comment

Working...
                X