Bow seat back removal help 2008 X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow seat back removal help 2008 X2

Has anyone ever done this type of interior seat replacement? The bow seat back has some really hard to reach attachment points. I can access the lowest 7/16" nuts/studs (see green in pic) through the speaker hole but that leaves 5 nuts (see red in pic) way out of reach for my long arm and socket wrench. Access through the most forward hole under the seat (my anchor storage spot) is really confined for reaching up to the top three nuts. I'm wondering if a combination of a super long extension and a swivel is the solution? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm so close to total cushion replacement
    Attached Files
    Current boat: 2020 XT22 - (Sister Bay, WI)
    Past boat: '08 X2 with LY6 Engine - (NorCal)

I would get a 1/4 battery ratchet and a deep socket and reach up there. Are you sure the top ones are nuts and bolts. Sometimes MC uses clips too

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
      I would get a 1/4 battery ratchet and a deep socket and reach up there. Are you sure the top ones are nuts and bolts. Sometimes MC uses clips too
      Thanks for the suggestion and I'll give it a try next week. My new seat back has the threads for bolts so I don't expect clips up there on the original but you never know.

Comment

So, I helped a buddy with his X2, and fwiw, the hard part wasn’t getting the nuts off, it was getting them back on.

Nothing I’ve written here should be ineterpreted to mean any part of the removal and replacement was easy.

—Sky
        ------------------------------------------------
        2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
        2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

I did mine a few years ago. As others suggested you will need a combination of;
          - drill/driver
          - a ratchet with deep socket
          - open end wrench.

Access through the speaker holes and from from bottom of seat cushion.

Not easy, but I don't recall the experience being too terribly bad.

Comment

I just did it using a ratchet and a wrench. Wear a long sleeve shirt! I still have fiberglass in my arms.

Remove the speakers first the pen get the bolts closest to the speakers. One those bolts are off there are large access holes begins the cushion. The cushion itself is somewhat flexible and you can bend it in order to get your hand in to reach the other holes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Your picture and comment is so unbelievably helpful! Thanks a million for the pic and your success story. I'll give it another try. Cheers!

Comment

Anyone have the same pics for the back seat back? Pulling apart a 2006 X2 for interior replacement and huge ballast upgrade and would love the help, cheers!
                Adam
                SWELL Wakesurf
                www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Comment

Here you go! The holes are where the screws are.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Perfect. Thank you!
                    Adam
                    SWELL Wakesurf
                    www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Comment

Pulled my complete interior in less than 2 hours with a ratchet wrench. There is definitely an order to removal. Not difficult at all. MM offers sound advice.
                      Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Hey Adam, I have my 08 x2 stripped, i am curious what you have up your sleve for ballast upgrades. I may be interested in doing the same. I currently run two 400's (I believe) one in each rear locker. and 500 lbs of lead. However, in a 20' boat I really hate having the lead in it all the time.

Comment

VGScapes, we pulled out the stock tanks in the rear and are getting custom bags made for the rear lockers as well as the bow, the bow will be set up plug and play but wanted the storage in the rear when not surfing so we are pulling out the tanks.

We will also be rewiring the pumps so they are no longer on timers and will just be on and off switches.

If you want to order the custom bags DM me and ill send you details.

also, check out the video series here:https://youtu.be/Kzx7IeI9Ch4

2nd video should be up today or tomorrow of us pulling out the tanks, we are installing some Liquid Lumens underwater lights today, that will be our next video while we wait for the bags, pumps, and fittings to come in.
                          Adam
                          SWELL Wakesurf
                          www.swellwake.com

Comment

Designing a boat that you have to split the decks to remove hardtanks is an epic fail. I have been on two Mastercrafts already with cracked tanks. Are you going to rip out the center kgb tank too and replace it with a bag? Great videos!

Comment

Agreed geozhog! 2nd video is live on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Rr1VDjuPYkIZGA

Leaving the bow tank and doing a custom plug and play bag. 3rd video is going to be installing some underwater lights by liquid Lumens, filming that now. Bags just showed up so hope to wrap up the pump replacement and so on shortly. Though I’m sure the wiring will slow us down a bit as we will be removing the timers and so on.
                              Adam
                              SWELL Wakesurf
                              www.swellwake.com

Comment

Working...
                              X