No announcement yet.

X2 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview of the new upholstery. White sunbrella horizon with blue gore tenera stitching
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!!!
      Jerry

2020 X22
      2018 XT22
      2014 Aqua Patio
      2003 Malibu Response LXi
      2001 Malibu Sunsetter
      1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

Wow! Nice!

Comment

Lets see more of this. It looks great!

Comment

SUPER Nice! Where did you have the upholstery done? What was the turnaround time like?

Comment

Live this thread, interior looks so nice and clean.

Comment

Some more pictures. It isn’t done yet. They are a local shop here in Miami that does a lot of yachts. I think the price was really reasonable as it was 4200 and they even replaced some of the foam. All the thread is gore tenera which is guaranteed to not rot and the vinyl is a new vinyl from sunbrella with a 5 year warranty.
                Attached Files

Comment

Name of the shop, and did you go to them with all your seats or did they come to you? Im in Miami as well and have been contemplating redoing my upholstery. Earlier this year I lost my rear center seat while towing to the keys - circled back, picked it up, took it apart and now use the base acrylic as a spot to hold our cooler (It cleaned up really really well). It ended up being super functional but i'd like to get it re-wrapped with vinyl. My dilemma is that my upholstery is in very good condition for its age and i think it would be difficult to get a color match on one piece. That mcocd may turn into re-wrapping everything.

Have been following your build....amazing job, boat looks beautiful. We launch at matheson as well but have given up on riding in Miami on the weekends. The keys as often as possible for a few spots with good protection from the wind and always exploring w our little guys.
                  Last edited by bluprint; 08-28-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

The company is RV Marine Upholstery. I will pm you his number. He uses really good materials that are designed for salt water boats. The quality is MUCH better than the factory 06 vinyl and stitching that was on my boat.

I have also given up on the weekends. Just too many people out there and not enough spots. Where in the keys do you take your boat?

Comment

• The company is RV Marine Upholstery. I will pm you his number. He uses really good materials that are designed for salt water boats. The quality is MUCH better than the factory 06 vinyl and stitching that was on my boat. They came to me and removed all of the cushions.

I have also given up on the weekends. Just too many people out there and not enough spots. Where in the keys do you take your boat?

Comment

• Nice job! your attention to detail really makes the boat
                        1981 MasterCraft
                        19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                        Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

• We are mostly in key largo, either launch at Pennecamp (awesome ramp) or Caribbean Club (can get interesting) and hang out on the bay side. All our riding happens near the buttonwood community on the gulf side of key largo (america outdoors is right there). Water is well protected with a couple coves and pretty much calm/flat. We also spend some weekends down in Marathon and boating around Islamorada. Last week we took the boys out to Alligator reef to snorkel after the morning riding was done. Theres so much to do by boat down there
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by mrm2083 View Post
                            The company is RV Marine Upholstery. I will pm you his number. He uses really good materials that are designed for salt water boats. The quality is MUCH better than the factory 06 vinyl and stitching that was on my boat. They came to me and removed all of the cushions.

Thnk you for the info! And btw, i reached out to your recommendation on Jamil to touch up a couple of imperfections. So GIANT thank you for your post and congrats on your restoration. Boat looks awesome.

Comment

• Thanks. Love seeing a Mastercraft out in the ocean. I take the boat down to Ocean Reef in Key Largo every once in a while. My in laws have a house in Marathon and I've been wanting to trailer the boat down there as well.

Comment

• Some more pictures
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X