Template for carpet in a 1998 205 Prostar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template for carpet in a 1998 205 Prostar

I made a template that I used to replace the carpet in my boat. I used Deckanance as replacement. I will gladly pass these on to other folks wanting to do the same. Just pay it forward.

I would love the templates.
    I believe they are the same as my 1996.

Who did you get the decadence through?
    I am thinking of that or maybe Vinloop.
    1996 Prostar 205

Comment

You just have to post back on Team Talk so some else can use it. No charge.

Decadence is an expensive product but worth it. I hated the wet carpet.m Hopefully the decadence will dry out quicker. Nothing like several days of wet carpet in the storage area and under the seat cushion waiting for them to dry.

Brought the product straight off their website. There is also Jim's Marine Flooring.

Comment

Absolutely will.
        I sent you a PM
        1996 Prostar 205

Comment

Originally posted by sjp View Post
          You just have to post back on Team Talk so some else can use it. No charge.

Decadence is an expensive product but worth it. I hated the wet carpet.m Hopefully the decadence will dry out quicker. Nothing like several days of wet carpet in the storage area and under the seat cushion waiting for them to dry.

Brought the product straight off their website. There is also Jim's Marine Flooring.
          I would also have interest in the template you used. I also have a 96 PS 205 that I'm looking to do Deckanance in. Also would love to see photos of the finished product if you have any.

Comment

Originally posted by joshkarg View Post
            I would also have interest in the template you used. I also have a 96 PS 205 that I'm looking to do Deckanance in. Also would love to see photos of the finished product if you have any.
            Will send them to you after I lay out mine. I am going to order my material as soon as I get the template and know how much to order.
            1996 Prostar 205

Comment

Need pictures of the restoration showing the new decadence interior! I have had concerns about the additional weight over the carpet. Your thoughts?

Also how did you treat the side walls that are carpeted? Did you leave carpet under the bow seats too? What is under the carpet and how hard was it to remove the adhesive?

Sorry for all the questions. Been wanting to do this for a while now and worried I would create a bigger problem then just living with the worn carpet.

Comment

Added weight was only 50 lbs if that. I replace the carpet on the deck, under the observer seat/storage area. Under the bow I replace only where water would stand. Say after getting caught in a rain storm. I left the carpet on the sides mainly on both observer and bow out of cost and the labor. Under the front bow seat I left the carpet there and the storage area at the front of the bow.
                The side gunnels where the carpet is on the side walls I left it there. Over the years the glue was dried out and carpet was easy to remove. I only lightly used a drywall 6" blade just to knock down a little. I didn't remove all the glue. I laid the Decadence right over the it. I didn't glue the Decadence down as the idea behind the product is for it to drain the water and dirt away and remove it to hose it down for cleaning.
                I keep my boat in dry storage so when the carpet gets wet it can take days for it to dry out. Everything in storage stays wet even longer. Not to mention walking on wet carpet all summer.
                I would order 75 sq feet. I trimmed it for an exact fit. I used the desert camo color as it was the closest match. I think the two color tone looks good.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Comment

Here are some pics of the Dekadence flooring that I put in my Prostar
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Cannot wait to get mine in. Gives it a more updated look.
                    1996 Prostar 205

Comment

I am done with this template and will ship it to whoever needs it.

My materials are on order and will post pics when it is installed.

Thanks to SJP for doing this.
                      1996 Prostar 205

Comment

Working...
                      X