No announcement yet.

The reviving of a 93 ProStar 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like having the switch behind the seat so that’s what I went with. Got all the wires made up today. All ends are crimped and soldered. Hooked up to the batteries and flipped the switch. No magic smoke and nothing is getting warm. Bumps pretty good. 6.5’s are very clear. Pretty pleased with the sound. Tomorrow will pull it out and run it on the hose and check for any fuel leaks. If that goes well I will put the captain chair back in and she’s ready for a water test.
    Attached Files

Comment

Pulled it out today and fired it up. Things went a lot better when I remembered to put the kill switch lanyard on.... Found that the starboard muffler has a few good leaks in it that I need to glass. Other than that no leaks. Ran for 20 minutes plus on the hose and didn’t see the gauge go over 120, not sure if that is normal or not. Nice to hear it make some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickStar View Post
        Pulled it out today and fired it up. Things went a lot better when I remembered to put the kill switch lanyard on.... Found that the starboard muffler has a few good leaks in it that I need to glass. Other than that no leaks. Ran for 20 minutes plus on the hose and didn’t see the gauge go over 120, not sure if that is normal or not. Nice to hear it make some noise.
        All good. Looks good. You have learned a lot from this project.

93 190
        (safe click)
        John 14:6
        (safe click)

Comment

Muffler repaired. Ground of the jb weld and did a proper fiberglass patch on the top and glassed both ends.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice work on the fiberglass. I did the same on mine over the winter. The best news is that they held water tight! Good luck and great job on this.

Comment

Originally posted by tjrowbot View Post
              Nice work on the fiberglass. I did the same on mine over the winter. The best news is that they held water tight! Good luck and great job on this.
              Thanks. Pulled the other one at lunch to glass as well, maybe avoid a headache later on. Hopefully mine hold water tight like yours.

Comment

Got the exhaust back in. Sorted the bilge pump, had to get an adapter to go from 1 1/8 to 3/4. Got the captains seat back in and L seat/observers seat in. Coming together. Also there was some overspray or something all over the glass so a razor blade and spray detailer got it looking good.
                Attached Files

Comment

Finished up the teak platform. Sanded it down and two coats of teak oil.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Went out for a test. Seemed to go well. Not sure if the packing nut is right. Seemed pretty warm.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SlickStar; 06-08-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• New cable ends on the control. Ceramic coated the glass. Went ahead and replaced the shaft packing since I got it hot.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Polished observer seat base and pulleys.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great. Thanks for the photographs.

93 190
                          (safe click)
                          (safe click)

Comment

• Went with a different steering wheel.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickStar View Post
                              Went with a different steering wheel.
                              Did you change out your helm or use the OEM keyed helm?

93 190
                              (safe click)
                              (safe click)

Comment

• looking great .... well done .... crisp and clean

Comment

Working...
                                X