The reviving of a 93 ProStar 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
    Did you change out your helm or use the OEM keyed helm?

Mine has the tilt helm. Couple places I looked said it is discontinued so I am still on the original splined helm.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickStar View Post
      Mine has the tilt helm. Couple places I looked said it is discontinued so I am still on the original splined helm.
      Thanks. I have a lead on the tilt helm. It is available. I too have the tilt helm on my 93. Splined is what I was wondering about. Thanks for the confirmation. I forgot. I work on the older boats as a hobby and often get the two different configurations mixed up.

93 190
      (safe click)
      John 14:6
      (safe click)

Comment

• Boat has turned out great.
        1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
        2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar 190 View Post
          Boat has turned out great.
          Thank you

Comment

Thanks. I have a lead on the tilt helm. It is available. I too have the tilt helm on my 93. Splined is what I was wondering about. Thanks for the confirmation. I forgot. I work on the older boats as a hobby and often get the two different configurations mixed up.

I would be interested in that lead. If I could get the slop out of the helm, it would really feel like a new boat. New cable helped a tad, some loose hardware too, but still has play.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickStar View Post
              I would be interested in that lead. If I could get the slop out of the helm, it would really feel like a new boat. New cable helped a tad, some loose hardware too, but still has play.
              I have the link on my other computer. I'll shoot you the link when I get to it tomorrow.

93 190
              (safe click)
              John 14:6
              (safe click)

Comment

• Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                looking great .... well done .... crisp and clean
                Thanks

Comment

I have the link on my other computer. I'll shoot you the link when I get to it tomorrow.

Cool, thank you!

Comment

• Fantastic work - she's a beauty!
                    Jerry

2020 X22
                    2018 XT22
                    2014 Aqua Patio
                    2003 Malibu Response LXi
                    2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                    1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

• Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
                      Fantastic work - she's a beauty!
                      Thank you

Comment

• Engine cover back on. Navigation lights quit working. Not throwing breaker, not sure where to start.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Does the anchor light work? If not, turn on the switch, make sure any battery switches are on and measure voltage across the terminals in the light socket. If, only the bow light, you can crawl under the bow and measure voltage across the wires. If voltage is not present measure resistance across the switch to make sure it is closing (you could also do this using the anchor light terminals).
                          Last edited by jmhjgh; 06-17-2020, 11:25 PM. Reason: Added detail

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhjgh View Post
                            Does the anchor light work? If not, turn on the switch, make sure any battery switches are on and measure voltage across the terminals in the light socket. If, only the bow light, you can crawl under the bow and measure voltage across the wires. If voltage is not present measure resistance across the switch to make sure it is closing (you could also do this using the anchor light terminals).
                            No, neither light work. Ok I’ll check for voltage at the lights tomorrow.

Comment

• Not sure what kind of slop in the helm you mean, but here are a couple resources that helped me when my steering wheel wobbled back and forth. I did the bushing replacement and it fixed my issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfend_93_190 View Post
                                Not sure what kind of slop in the helm you mean, but here are a couple resources that helped me when my steering wheel wobbled back and forth. I did the bushing replacement and it fixed my issue.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//sh...ad.php?t=58187
                                Has slop from the worn bushing and slop turning left to right.

Comment

Working...
                                X