No announcement yet.

The reviving of a 93 ProStar 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slop turning left to right can sometimes be caused by wear in the cable or wear at the tiller arm - as you come off the rudder preload you'll feel that. Check that everything is snug.

Comment

• Installed new cable, made it slightly better. Looking underneath the helm and turning the wheel, the internals move before the cable so that’s where the turning play is.

Comment

• Lights were a loose connection at the breaker and was able to get all the gauge lights working except one. Brought the bench home too. The front floor insert is all that’s left.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Man, you have done an amazing job! Post some water pics
          1994 prostar 190 , perfect pass 541

Comment

• I just replaced the tilt helm in my '08 to get a keyed shaft for a new steering wheel. My old splined tilt helm was in excellent condition. If you think it would help and you want it, PM me your address and I'll ship it to you.

My last boat was a '93, yours is looking great and I've enjoyed following along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 94prostarstangerbanger View Post
              Man, you have done an amazing job! Post some water pics
              Thanks. Hopefully soon if the wind cooperates

Comment

• Got the front floor insert in and buttoned up the engine cover struts.
                Attached Files

Comment

• That interior is awesome! You've done a fantastic job with this. Probably my all time favorite generation Prostar.
                  Jerry

2020 X22
                  2018 XT22
                  2014 Aqua Patio
                  2003 Malibu Response LXi
                  2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                  1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

• Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
                    That interior is awesome! You've done a fantastic job with this. Probably my all time favorite generation Prostar.
                    Thanks, pretty happy how it turned out.

Comment

• Got a new helm installed that BrianS sent me. Play in the wheel is gone. Super solid feel now. Also got my domed center decal in for the wheel. It’s a little detail but super cool.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Where did you get the switch panel ? I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar205G View Post
                          Where did you get the switch panel ? I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.
                          There is a fellow over on face place that makes the plate for the 93. He does a really good job. I got one as a spare. US$95.00. One of these days I'll need it and they won't be easy to find.

Make sure your 92 is the same as the 93. I think they may be a little different but he can tell you. He has made several in this 92-93 era, where the 93 has two different styles.

US$0.02

Attached Files
                          Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-22-2020, 09:38 PM.
                          93 190
                          (safe click)
                          John 14:6
                          (safe click)

Comment

• What is Face Place?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar205G View Post
                              What is Face Place?
                              ………..
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Such a beautiful job. Could you share the part number or link for the windshield screw cover foam? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X