2006 Mastercraft X2 Restoration and Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Mastercraft X2 Restoration and Upgrade

Guys, This year we have a Mastercraft X2 in our shop we will be redoing, wanted to create a thread to help anyone else that may be tackling a similar project. For us we will be:
    1. Removing, redoing, and reinstalling the interior
    2. Upgrading the stereo for bluetooth
    3. Underwater Lights
    4. Removing stock ballast and installing Fatsac bags with upgraded pumps
    5. And who knows what other projects we may run in to!

Wanna give a shout out to mrm2083 for hooking me up with some pics of where are the bolts are, Make sure you have a 7/16" socket wrench as well as a ratcheting closed end 7/16" wrench, not sure I could have done it without those items.

Before:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0572.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	2470487

Name:	IMG_0573.jpg
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2470488

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	2470489
    The holes in the fiberglass are where are the bolts are, I think they are all supposed to come out of the interior instead of the nut coming off, but I didnt have such luck! Interior is out and we are going to send those out to either C&E Upholstery here local in Eagan, MN or a few others that we are getting quotes on, if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, somewhere close to MN would be best. Cheers!

Interior out:

Name:	IMG_0719.jpg
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	2470490Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	2470491Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	2470492
    Interior is out and we are going to send those out to either C&E Upholstery here local in Eagan, MN or a few others that we are getting quotes on, if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, somewhere close to MN would be best. Cheers!
    Adam
    SWELL Wakesurf
    www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Nice Project, keept us updatet
    Greets from Germany,
    Felix

Comment

I would also do the steering wheel (cheap) and GatorStep floor (transforms the look).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Fun project!
        Most of the skins still look to be decent shape, no?
        Might want to sell the good ones and recoup a couple bucks. I think that was a pretty popular vinyl color scheme. (Same as my boat and a few others I’ve seen just locally).
        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Guys, episode 3 is up, liquid lumens light install. Gatorstep coming, thanks for the tip Elberoth!

Heres the link: https://www.swellwake.com/pages/mastercraft-rebuild

Video 4 should be out in a few days with 5 to follow, gotta get this thing on the water!
          Adam
          SWELL Wakesurf
          www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Comment

Guys, episode 3 is up, liquid lumens light install. Gatorstep coming, thanks for the tip Elberoth!

Heres the link: https://www.swellwake.com/pages/mastercraft-rebuild

Video 4 should be out in a few days with 5 to follow, gotta get this thing on the water!
            Adam
            SWELL Wakesurf
            www.swellwake.com

Comment

Working...
            X