X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That came out really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

did cad myself and laser cut Bee design on 6mm C-Grip..pleased with new performance when super wet and dry time

Comment

Beauty!

Comment

That's beautiful! That helps me look forward to the completion of our project here.
          2004 X-10

186,000 miles per second - - - not just a good idea, it's the law.

Comment

Wow looks great.
            1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
            2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post
              Yes, you want to get rid of the factory hard tanks. They are worthless and so is the entire ballast system in the boat. I removed mine (2002 X30) and replaced with 750s on each side. I also removed the manifold (most restrictive part of the system) and drilled 2 additional holes in the bottom of the boat to feed each ballast bag (2 in the rear and the KGB) independently.

See the following link to the thread on my ballast makeover.
              https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=39345

While you are at it, you may as well remove the ballast pumps and give them a good polishing. I do this once a year during the winter. Here is the thread for that.
              https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=29454

Any other questions about our vintage (2001 - 2005) boats (X10 or X30), let me know. I've done just about everything imaginable to my boat.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate these posts since I've been looking for some suggestions for my new to me boat last year. Even though the ballast have somewhat hijacked this flooring post, I'm looking forward to replacing my stock ballast with the Wakemakers custom set-up this spring.
              This is the first time I've come across good info on my boat, but probably more of consequence of not searching the forums very effectively
              When I start the install I give a link here to a new post. The Wakemakers is the two 720lb rear bags factory ballast replacement plus the 300lb bow bag.
              Cheers

Originally posted by 73blue View Post
              I think the factory hard tanks are only 250# each. So you are getting quite a bit more weight obviously. I also added the v-shaped bow ballast bag under the front seats. You can plumb these bags into your existing pump system so there's no fooling with additional plumbing. The extra weight really helps your wakeboard wake and you can easily surf with a suckgate of some type.

Wakemakers has a tool on their website to put in the boat model and year and they will send you the correct equipment.

Comment

Quick update on this project. The boat sat in the garage all Winter, with little progress over the past months, mostly because of craziness at work due to COVID, not to mention a lot of subzero days in Wisconsin.

However, the boat cushions are all recovered and ready for pickup and I'll be headed to Dallas to pick them up on Friday am. Once I get home, I am planning to start work again in earnest. Current plan includes:

1) New ballast 720# tanks from Wakemaster in the back bunks.
                2) New bunk coverings, likely gray sheet material from Gatorstep (or equivalent.)
                3) New flooring, again, likely Gatorstep in gray and red.
                4) Cushions with new covering from Mastercraft Skins/Upholstery Workshop.

Should feel like a new boat when all is said and done. I'll post pics as the project moves forward.
                Last edited by musicmd; 03-30-2021, 02:49 PM.
                2004 X-10

Comment

New Vinyl from Upholstery Workshop

I posted my experiences with Upholstery Workshop here:

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=107568

In short, they are amazing and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

I'm getting super excited about this project now. Vinyl is beautiful and the travel down to Dallas/Ft. Worth and back was worth it. Plus, it was nice to get away from work for a few days.

Am taking off three days this week (Spring Break at home), so I'm planning to spend time making some progress (finally.) Also, COVID-19 related work is finally tapering off a bit, which is good.

More to come soon.
                  2004 X-10

Comment

A couple of quick questions, as I need some advice.

I'm planning to remove the rear ballast tanks from the rear bunks and replace them with 720# bags from Wakemaster. I remembered this morning that the fan for the bilge was mounted to the forward panel of the port bunk - - - I'm guessing the new ballast bag might come into contact with it when full.

Should I look to relocate this fan? If so, any thoughts on where I should move it? I was thinking I could put it on the other side of the panel, however, the fan would then be right next to the battery and I'm not sure if that's kosher.

As I was looking at this last night, I realized that the raccoons also ate through the flexible tubing and there are a lot holes. Any suggestions as to what flexi tubing I should use?

Thanks as always.
                    Last edited by musicmd; 03-30-2021, 02:49 PM.
                    2004 X-10

Comment

Update and another question for the group:

Yesterday, I dropped off the floor panels with a sheet metal shop so that I could get a quote on replacements that fit the openings a bit better and left less of a gap. I tried a number of different things to widen the existing panels, but worried that they wouldn't work well with the Gatorstep. I'm awaiting a quote and expect this can move forward soon.

Here's my question: I'm planning to remove all of the glue from the floor and then paint it all black (including the new panels) prior to putting the Gatorstep in place. What type of primer/paint works best for this?
                      2004 X-10

Comment

Any suggestions on what black paint to use on the floor prior to installing Gatorstep? I'm mainly wanting to make sure the seams are less noticeable. Any suggestions at to a good marine paint?
                        2004 X-10

Comment

Originally posted by musicmd View Post
                          A couple of quick questions, as I need some advice.

I'm planning to remove the rear ballast tanks from the rear bunks and replace them with 720# bags from Wakemaster. I remembered this morning that the fan for the bilge was mounted to the forward panel of the port bunk - - - I'm guessing the new ballast bag might come into contact with it when full.

Should I look to relocate this fan? If so, any thoughts on where I should move it? I was thinking I could put it on the other side of the panel, however, the fan would then be right next to the battery and I'm not sure if that's kosher.

As I was looking at this last night, I realized that the raccoons also ate through the flexible tubing and there are a lot holes. Any suggestions as to what flexi tubing I should use?

Thanks as always.
                          I'm guessing your talking about the vent tubing that your blower fan connects to.

amazon has been a great source for stuff like that for me.
                          https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Intern...7313570&sr=8-5
                          WAKE.LAKE.BOAT.SURF
                          Were here for a good time not a long time

Comment

Originally posted by 98_maristar View Post
                            I'm guessing your talking about the vent tubing that your blower fan connects to.

amazon has been a great source for stuff like that for me.
                            https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Intern...7313570&sr=8-5
                            Yes, that's exactly right. Thanks for the recommendation.

Any advice on where to relocate the fan itself?
                            2004 X-10

Comment

Amazon is a bit pricey. Skidim has it for $.95 a foot - https://skidim.com/3in-hose-blower-air-vent.html

Comment

Was able to spend a lot of time on the boat over the last few days. Although it doesn't look a lot different, I was able to make some great progress.

I was able to remove the glue residue from the various panels in the rear bunks and in front of the driver's seat. I used mineral spirits, which worked really well as long as I was patient. I found that letting the mineral spirits soak for a few minutes made all the difference. I washed the panels off with water when I was finished. They are now ready to be recovered and reinstalled.

I also removed the factory ballast tanks, which was a bit easier than I expected. There was left over raccoon droppings and mud in the starboard aft bunk; I dealt with this by cutting out the affected carpeting and double bagging it before throwing it in the trash. Will replace the impellers in the ballast pumps before installing the newly covered panels and Wakemaster bags.

There was also some nasty raccoon carpeting remaining in the port storage bunk where the battery is stored. I had removed some of it in past months but then moved on to other tasks. I finally returned to that job and removed the last of the carpeting from the storage areas. THAT felt like a huge win.

After that, I vacuumed from stem to stern.

I decided to have a sheet metal shop make new panels for the floor, to close the gaps and provide a suitable surface for the flooring. Those should be done this week and I'll post more pictures when they're installed.

I towed the boat to the dealer this morning, so they could do a thorough mechanical inspection while the boat was all opened up. I didn't see any signs of damage but wanted a trained eye to make sure there was nothing obvious which needed to be fixed before the reassembly begins.

Next steps are to prep the bunks for the Seadek sheet material (Storm Gray), which should arrive soon. After the floor panels are reinstalled, I'll do the template for the flooring and prep the surfaces for the floor install. Once the bunks are all completed, the new vinyl cushions will be reinstalled.

More to come and lots of work still ahead, but it is a great feeling to be able to visualize the end of the project.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by musicmd; 04-05-2021, 03:18 PM.
                                2004 X-10

Comment

Working...
                                X