Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep the grind going, looks good!

Comment

A few updates to share, as I've finally been able to spend a few hours here and there.

Decided to finish the back bunks and install the new ballast. Started by changing the three impellers, then installed the rest of the carpeting to the bunk floors and gunnels.

After installing the new hoses for the two WakeMakers ballast sacks, I installed the newly carpeted panels (after reinforcing the panels next to the engine with the WakeMakers kit). I connected the two bags and then installed the three doors over the bunks and engine compartment.

Today, I was able to install carpeting in the bunk beneath the port side seats, and then installed the newly carpeted cup holder and back rest. I really like how the new vinyl and new carpeting looks together.

Next, I'll carpet the rest of the bunks in the bow and the gunnel next to the driver's seat, install the rest of the vinyl and then install the Gatorstep flooring in the cabin. It's been a big project, but I'm happy with how it is coming together.

More soon as things progress.
      Attached Files
      2004 X-10

186,000 miles per second - - - not just a good idea, it's the law.

Comment

looking good!
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

wow that is terrific ... great job

Comment

Really nice job - and a labor of love (or hate of raccoons, whichever feels best for you).

Hey, working in healthcare myself, just a shout-out and big THANKS for whatever you do for your community's patients, clinical care workers, or families. That commitment to the unselfish work that was required over the last year + was not lost on me, and shouldn't be lost on any of us that read your thread and saw how many times you were focused on something else besides your own world. So again, thank you. And hopefully all this makes the next time out in the boat (probably next spring) all the better. You deserve it. And store the boat smartly this year!
            Jeffer

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
              Really nice job - and a labor of love (or hate of raccoons, whichever feels best for you).

Hey, working in healthcare myself, just a shout-out and big THANKS for whatever you do for your community's patients, clinical care workers, or families. That commitment to the unselfish work that was required over the last year + was not lost on me, and shouldn't be lost on any of us that read your thread and saw how many times you were focused on something else besides your own world. So again, thank you. And hopefully all this makes the next time out in the boat (probably next spring) all the better. You deserve it. And store the boat smartly this year!
              Thanks for the very kind words, and for the things you've also done during the pandemic. It has been a crazy time, to be sure.

I am entering the final stages of the project, with just a bit of bunk carpeting to install, then the Gatorstep flooring. It's clearly Fall in Wisconsin, so I'm not sure if we'll get much time on the water. But, you're right - - - it will be really great to have it all together and ready to go in the Spring!

Thanks, again, for your message. Will post more photos soon as the project come to a close!
              2004 X-10

Comment

I wanted to send a quick update to those following the progress. The good news is that the GatorStep floor is in and it looks fantastic. I snapped a single photo using my phone and intended to take a bunch of other photos once I got the boat outside and in the sunshine. However, the Wisconsin Winter made that a bit more difficult, as we had nothing but a lot of cloudy, cold weather over the past week or so.

The X-10 is getting winterized and then I'll be putting it away for the Winter. We are certainly looking forward to getting out on the water next Spring. I'll come back and post more photos when they are available. But, I'm really happy with how the new vinyl, new carpeting and new flooring turned out. It will also be fun to see how the boat behaves with the upgraded WakeMakers bags in the back.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and advice along the way,
                2004 X-10

Comment

Working...
                X