Debadging 01' Prostar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debadging 01' Prostar

Hey everyone, I'll be purchasing my dads 2001 prostar 209 in a couple months and I want to debadge the stickers. The boat has been kept in phenomenal condition so I don't anticipate too much oxidation if I remove the decals but my dad thinks there will be discoloration. I know there are a few post about this but can someone shed some light on the process I should go about getting any discoloration/oxidation out from behind the stickers? I appreciate any input. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Discoloration is not behind the stickers. It is all around the stickers due to UV exposure oxidation. You'll have to use compound or wet sand to get the oxidized areas to match what is behind the stickers.

Since you did not ask, that is a really nice looking machine. I'd buff it out to shine and leave the OEM placarding on there. But I am a purist at heart. You'll look back someday (if it is a keeper) and wish you had Dad's OEM stickers on there. Been there

Best luck

93 190
    (safe click)
    John 14:6
    (safe click)

Comment

...........what he said. I have that same boat....

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
      Discoloration is not behind the stickers. It is all around the stickers due to UV exposure oxidation. You'll have to use compound or wet sand to get the oxidized areas to match what is behind the stickers.

Since you did not ask, that is a really nice looking machine. I'd buff it out to shine and leave the OEM placarding on there. But I am a purist at heart. You'll look back someday (if it is a keeper) and wish you had Dad's OEM stickers on there. Been there

Best luck

Comment

I would do anything to that boat but run it!!! She is a beauty!!

Comment

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...dation+removal

this is the best thread on oxidation removal ... its the process I followed on my '93 Limited

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

Best luck

agree on the oxidation

so what are the plans?

Comment

very nice looking boat. I wish my stickers were that good. I removed them from the transom because half of them were missing and no amount of polishing will remove the outline of them. The area under the sticker is raised and the gelcoat is perfect. It needs sanding but I have better things to do right now. It won't sink the way it is and no kid has yet to complain about having fun on the lake.

Comment

That would be a shame to remove the decals on that boat. It looks very nice the way it is IMO, but it's not mine (unfortunately). Do as you wish, but you may regret it and end up forkign over a lot of money to get it back to the way it is now.

Comment

Agreed. This is the process that I used...on the same boat (X9/209). Pics HERE in a different thread.

Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                  https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...dation+removal

this is the best thread on oxidation removal ... its the process I followed on my '93 Limited

Comment

Nothing wrong with changing things up, if that's what you like. You can always replace the original decals if you want to go back. Take a look at the new decals on 2RLAKE's boat. It looks great!

Comment

IMHO: That boat looks pretty dang sweet to me. If it ain't broke, etc.
                      Rick
                      sigpic

Comment

Im with waterlogged. Purest here so if you remove the decals and want a different color, go to domednumbers.com and they can get you stock replacements.
                        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                        1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                          agree on the oxidation

so what are the plans?
                          Plan is still to debadge the decals. I appreciate everyone's input and ultimately if I were to not like the outcome I could always replace the decals. Personally, I love the look of the boats lines and although I'm certainly proud of the "MasterCraft" sticker I think the clean debadged look will be amazing. Just worried about discoloration around the stickers but I will look into the process of buffing out any oxidation to ensure it's not noticeable at all. It's an amazing boat! Thank you everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X