93 'Pro Star repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01star View Post
    I'm looking to potentially do this to my drivers seat as well. What parts did you use? where did you find them? how did you attach the seat to that bracket / fiberglass base?
    Hi 01star
    these 2“ make a big difference. The sitting behavior feels massively better and the legs have a more comfortable angle.

I used standard aluminum profiles 5cm x 5cm (2"x 2"). I still had some left. The two holes for the screws were drilled, countersunk and the standard screws I only replaced with longer ones.

If you want, i can take some pictures tomorrow if the weather is better.

Comment

I'm looking to potentially do this to my drivers seat as well. What parts did you use? where did you find them? how did you attach the seat to that bracket / fiberglass base?
      If I may butt in since you did not ask me specifically?

I did this mod a few years back and it is indeed a vast improvement in comfort and ergonomics. One thing (as tempting as it may be) is to stick with no more than 2" rise. I tried three" and that took my arm's reach uncomfortably away from the throttle handle. I then went to 2" and it is spot on.

Wind screen? I rarely look out the front wind screen. I use the mirror, side look, and over the top every glance or so, therefore 2" is plenty of rise to clear my view.

Easier to get out of the seat (up off the floor) and more comfortable on leg position.

I found a 4' stick of aluminum channel at Grainger (scrap yards are a pain for me) for little of nothing. You'll need four carriage bolts, four machine screws, flat washers, lock washers (I do nut use Ny-lok nuts), and a few holes to drill. A really easy project. I have posted the setup here previously.

Hope this helps a little.

Attached Files
      93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by SwissCraft1291 View Post
        Hi 01star
        these 2“ make a big difference. The sitting behavior feels massively better and the legs have a more comfortable angle.

I used standard aluminum profiles 5cm x 5cm (2"x 2"). I still had some left. The two holes for the screws were drilled, countersunk and the standard screws I only replaced with longer ones.

Your seat project looks great.

Thanks for the photographs.

93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

Hi 01star

I'd love to see some additional pictures if you don't mind. I'm more of a visual guy. I'm about 6'1 so the standard seat isn't too bad but 1'' or 2'' would definitely be an improvement. Thank you.

Comment

This is what I used for seat spacers. They worked great and looked good (if anyone was laying on the floor)

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...t=seat+spacers

Comment

I'd love to see some additional pictures if you don't mind. I'm more of a visual guy. I'm about 6'1 so the standard seat isn't too bad but 1'' or 2'' would definitely be an improvement. Thank you.
              Sorry for the long delay. Unfortunately the weather was bad in the last few days and I couldn't uncover my boat.

Here are a couple pictures from my spacers. Not as nice as these from waterlogged but they serve their purpose and are very stable.
              Attached Files

Comment

I like those a lot. And as long as they work for you, that is all that counts.

Thanks for sharing.

93 190
                (safe click)

Comment

Good Morning

I found this funny little machine and immediately thought I could use it for my upholstery. After reading the thread on upholstery cleaning, I wanted results as beautiful as yours too.
                  The speed of the small brush is slow but sufficient. Better than handwork. In addition, the machine is operated with 4xAA batteries and is completely waterproof. Also suitable for cleaning the boat underwater.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Those seat spacers are great. Waterlogged's too with the carpet. That's a nice touch.

I'd like to do that but I have a 1990 so no tilt wheel. I'm afraid the rise might make it even more difficult to get in and out of the seat and it's pretty tough as it is.

Comment

Thank you for the additional pictures. The only thing that might hang me up is that the back screws that mount the bracket to the foundation are a bit angled so I might have to go with waterloggeds approach.

Where did you get that little brush? I wouldn't mind getting one of those for doing my upholstery. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry for the long delay. Unfortunately the weather was bad in the last few days and I couldn't uncover my boat.

Here are a couple pictures from my spacers. Not as nice as these from waterlogged but they serve their purpose and are very stable.
                        Where did u get those I would like to raise my seat a bit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Thank you for the additional pictures. The only thing that might hang me up is that the back screws that mount the bracket to the foundation are a bit angled so I might have to go with waterloggeds approach.

Where did you get that little brush? I wouldn't mind getting one of those for doing my upholstery. Thanks!
                          I looked again at the picture with the screw. In the picture the screw looks bent. I checked the boat again and it's definitely right there. Is probably due to the angle of view. In addition, I changed the old holes to M6 instead of inches because there are hardly any inch screws to be found in Switzerland.

Here is a link to A-Zone. I bought it in a local "housewives-accessories-store".
                          It does his job very well, but don't expect too much. For me, it was the only item in this shop and I wanted to buy something too, but couldn't find anything suitable other than that.
                          http://https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B074X4SZFC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                          Where did u get those I would like to raise my seat a bit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          I get it from a local hardware store.
                          I have a link to a similar product here. I chose 50mm x 50mm because it is more stable that way. The PDF in the link is only intended to help you find the article in the usa.

http://https://docs.rs-online.com/1478/0900766b8157c303.pdf

Comment

Working...
                          X