Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I decided to buff out the T top and Yes I spent more time figuring out how to hold it than it took to buff it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RDahler View Post
      I decided to buff out the T top and Yes I spent more time figuring out how to hold it than it took to buff it.
      Looks good.

      Mine is hanging from the ceiling trusses in the shop....

      .
      93 190
      (safe click)

      Comment


      • Here is a photo taken in 2001 at Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas of my first Mastercraft a1988 190 351 slot second owner bought in 1998 sold in 2012 never had the T top off of it.

        Comment


        • Last look at the engine before I put the engine cover on. Most of the harness in the boat were made from boat trailer light wiring with molded flat connectors. I guess they thought this was a good idea at the time. Poor Quality wire with connectors that were not water proof, Rewired the harnesses using MIL-W22759/11 PTFE stranded Silver Plated Copper Wire and AMP Harsh Environment Connectors. The Perfect Pass servo harness was also reworked.

          Comment


          • She's a beaut Clark!!
            -Tim

            Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RDahler View Post
              Last look at the engine before I put the engine cover on. Most of the harness in the boat were made from boat trailer light wiring with molded flat connectors. I guess they thought this was a good idea at the time. Poor Quality wire with connectors that were not water proof, Rewired the harnesses using MIL-W22759/11 PTFE stranded Silver Plated Copper Wire and AMP Harsh Environment Connectors. The Perfect Pass servo harness was also reworked.
              I like it. Heck of a work in progress.
              93 190
              (safe click)

              Comment


              • One of the most interesting restorations I've seen since I have been on TT along with WT's 1980. Looks like you are pretty much there. You going to drop it in the water this year? Cant wait to see those pics.

                Comment


                • I love how you took a nice boat and made it perfect. Looking forward to seeing the water test pics as well. Great work!

                  Comment


                  • Looks great! Love how shiny the bilge is. Never seen a bilge so reflective!

                    Comment


                    • I do have a few challenges left that will push the water test back a little. The next thing on the to do list is the rub rail I going to try and get that done this weekend. Then install the Fuel tank and close up the rear of the boat. I am going to redesign the rats nest of wires that lived behind the instrument panel I would like to be able to unplug some connectors and remove the panel for service.
                      The Panel also needs work like most boats of this age the lower corners were the screws go are breaking up.

                      Comment


                      • Resealed the joint between the deck and the hull.Taped above and bellow the joint I cut the tip on calk tube for a small hole 1/16" ran the bead along the joint smoothed it with finger and removed the tape before the silicone skinned over. I used one tube of silicone and one roll of tape.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                          Resealed the joint between the deck and the hull.Taped above and bellow the joint I cut the tip on calk tube for a small hole 1/16" ran the bead along the joint smoothed it with finger and removed the tape before the silicone skinned over. I used one tube of silicone and one roll of tape.
                          I have seen a bunch of the older models leak along the joint.

                          Looks good.

                          Thank you for the goods. I really appreciate it. I owe you a Coke. Travis was a really nice guy and his mom is just a peach.

                          .
                          93 190
                          (safe click)

                          Comment


                          • Hinge Observer Seat 91-95 PS-190 Mastercraft # 560200 NLA
                            After a lot of research Found the original Stanley 342 Pivot Hinges on Ebay
                            My Hinges were a little loose in the pivots. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1091.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	2695451 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	2695452 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1093.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2695453

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                              Hinge Observer Seat 91-95 PS-190 Mastercraft # 560200 NLA
                              After a lot of research Found the original Stanley 342 Pivot Hinges on Ebay
                              My Hinges were a little loose in the pivots.
                              Most excellent. I wish I could find a set of sliding mirror hinges as used on the 82 fold-down dash mirror. That seems to be the hen's tooth.

                              Glad you found a set of seat back hinges. Every fellow should have a set of these in the spare parts bin.

                              .
                              93 190
                              (safe click)

                              Comment


                              • Dang, incredible find on eBay. It's been a true pleasure to follow this build...can't wait to see the final product, and a vid of it on the water. Above all the rest, truly one of a kind!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X