Views:	631
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2695650

Comment

• Lookin' good!!
      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Looks great! How far is the lumbar yard from your house or do you just keep an endless supply around? The jigs and other items you've built throughout this are also incredible.
        1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• Roger, thanks for sharing the detail on the rub rail. I too am a one-man operation here so the support method is a game changer.

Thank you again for the other items that Travis dropped off.

93 190
          (safe click)

Comment

• Originally posted by bret View Post
            Looks great! How far is the lumbar yard from your house or do you just keep an endless supply around? The jigs and other items you've built throughout this are also incredible.
            Hi Bret
            You are correct the two big box stores are just around the corner all the lumber I could ever need. Things are starting to move along got the fuel cell in and all hooked up. Fabricated a new wiring harness from the back of the boat. I also put the side panels on this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
              Roger, thanks for sharing the detail on the rub rail. I too am a one-man operation here so the support method is a game changer.

Thank you again for the other items that Travis dropped off.

Hi Chuck
              The support did work well the original plan was to precut each section of the rub rail to the correct length to get the joints tight they had to be cut square. As I approached the selected joint location I was about 4 inches to long that is when I came up with the pad on the stand to hold the chop saw perfect cuts exact location.problem solved.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	2695810 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2695811 Photo of Fuel cell reinstalled and new hard find the correct size polished stainless fuel fill to replace the original starting to pit pot metal one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                  Photo of Fuel cell reinstalled and new hard find the correct size polished stainless fuel fill to replace the original starting to pit pot metal one.
                  Link to the fuel filler setup? You're not kidding that they are hard to find. Thanks.

93 190
                  (safe click)

Comment

Link to the fuel filler setup? You're not kidding that they are hard to find. Thanks.

Sea-Dog Deck Gas Filler Stainless 351350-1 Amazon
                    Apache 1.5" barb to 1.5" NPSM Thread Aluminum 43074008 Amazon
                    Sea-Dog Deck Plate Key Stainless 351399-1 Amazon

Comment

Sea-Dog Deck Gas Filler Stainless 351350-1 Amazon
                      Apache 1.5" barb to 1.5" NPSM Thread Aluminum 43074008 Amazon
                      Sea-Dog Deck Plate Key Stainless 351399-1 Amazon
                      Did the holes line up? That has always been the problem I found. Thanks for the link, of which I think I ran across at one time.

93 190
                      (safe click)

Comment

Did the holes line up? That has always been the problem I found. Thanks for the link, of which I think I ran across at one time.

The #10 screw holes lined up perfect but there was a 1/8" off set in the 2-1/4" hole. The original deck fill had a smaller feed through and could handle the offset. The new one was just under a 2-1/4 and needed to be centered on the three screw holes. There are a lot of ways to correct this problem. I had my machine shop at work make me two jigs one to re cut the large hole using a hole saw run in reverse and the other to cut out a new gasket. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	2695851 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	2695852

Comment

The #10 screw holes lined up perfect but there was a 1/8" off set in the 2-1/4" hole. The original deck fill had a smaller feed through and could handle the offset. The new one was just under a 2-1/4 and needed to be centered on the three screw holes. There are a lot of ways to correct this problem. I had my machine shop at work make me two jigs one to re cut the large hole using a hole saw run in reverse and the other to cut out a new gasket.
                          Perfect. Thanks for the photos and the information.

93 190
                          (safe click)

Comment

• holy cow this is amazing ... terrific work here to make this better than new!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1149.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	2696457 Update the boat is finished from the pylon back with the exception of the motor cover cup holder. I am currently working on the wiring that terminates at the dash. The first two picture is the small shelf that I made to mount the two new GPS antennas under the front of the deck just forward of the windshield attached to the support. The large antenna is the Perfect Pass StarGazer antenna and the small one is for the Navtic Laugic Airglide GPS Upgrade.

Comment

• That little shelf is an excellent idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X