1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
    After seeing your mad skills through all of this, I'm going to be a little disappointed if you don't powder coat the whole trailer in your garage...
    Hahahahaha.... I wouldn't be surprised to see that!

Comment

After seeing your mad skills through all of this, I'm going to be a little disappointed if you don't powder coat the whole trailer in your garage...
      Don't think he can get the garage to 400 degrees.

Comment

• You can borrow mine, it is a tandem; not the easiest thing to move by hand if you need to. The tongue is not a swing tongue but have been thinking about that modification...

Are you going to put any noise reduction on the engine cover? Something original like from McMaster Carr or if other option, I highly recommend KilMat. It's a little better than Cool-It Thermotec. 80mil Kilmat at Amazon, 36sq ft for $60.
        1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• Originally posted by bret View Post
          You can borrow mine, it is a tandem; not the easiest thing to move by hand if you need to. The tongue is not a swing tongue but have been thinking about that modification...

Are you going to put any noise reduction on the engine cover? Something original like from McMaster Carr or if other option, I highly recommend KilMat. It's a little better than Cool-It Thermotec. 80mil Kilmat at Amazon, 36sq ft for $60.
          Hi Bret
          I may take you up on the offer to borrow you some time this summer I know it will fit right on there. The noise reduction The new padding on the out side of the motor cover feels a lot thicker than the original and I had the inside of the motor cover sprayed with truck bed liner. I am go to run it like it is and see how loud it is. I can always add the noise reducer later. I agree the Kilmat 80mil kit would would be the best way to go.if I decide to put that in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post

Don't think he can get the garage to 400 degrees.
            That was kind of the point. After everything I've seen here, nothing seems impossible for him

Jerry

2020 X22
            2018 XT22
            2014 Aqua Patio
            2003 Malibu Response LXi
            2001 Malibu Sunsetter
            1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

That was kind of the point. After everything I've seen here, nothing seems impossible for him
              You made me think about it a large steel shipping container and four kerosene Turbo heaters might do the job. I do have a local Guy Ricks Power coat that has done a lot of work for me over the years and he has a oven bid enough to handle that trailer and a fork lift to slip it in there.

Comment

• I have been asked a few times how I was going to repair the instrument panel broken corners a common problem on this panel. I had some custom made aluminum overlays made at work today, I will bond them to the rear of the instrument panel and drill new screw holes in the corners threw the new overlays after there attached, This should be a long term fix for this problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1261.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	2699084 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1262.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	2699085

Comment

• What is not to like?

93 190
                  (safe click)

Comment

• Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                    What is not to like?

Absolutely nothing!! His work is pure perfection. Love it.
                    2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

• i love this thread ... great inspiration for the rest of us!

Comment

• 440 finally has some competition! Looks awesome you've done an excellent job.

Comment

• Ha, we are living parallel lives my friend. I am experiencing all the same challenges on my 93 and lots of very useful information.

I would have paid you to make 2 of everything related to the dash. I am just now tearing into mine and it's in similar shape.
                          05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                          15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                            Ha, we are living parallel lives my friend. I am experiencing all the same challenges on my 93 and lots of very useful information.

I would have paid you to make 2 of everything related to the dash. I am just now tearing into mine and it's in similar shape.
                            When you get it apart post a photo of the back side and let me see just how bad it is, My panel was flapping like a dish rag. I might be able to help you out. I bonded the Key side panel on last night and it turned out better than expected. I will try and post more info on the prep, bonding and clamping of the the overlays now that I have the process down.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDahler View Post

You made me think about it a large steel shipping container and four kerosene Turbo heaters might do the job. I do have a local Guy Ricks Power coat that has done a lot of work for me over the years and he has a oven bid enough to handle that trailer and a fork lift to slip it in there.
                              Rick's in Memphis?

Comment

• You are correct Rick's in Memphis on Democrat rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X