ID:	2699473

Comment

• RD, what are you using for your bond?

Looks great! Its just so clean!

Comment

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
        RD, what are you using for your bond?

Looks great! Its just so clean!
        I did a lot of research on the best glue to bond the plastic to the aluminum plates J-B Weld came out on top. I used Black 3M weatherstrip Adhesive to reattach the rubber around the back edge. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	2699499

Comment

• I got the panel put back in the boat today I powered it up and everything worked. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1277.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2699538

Comment

• Feels like we gotta be really close to launching!

Comment

• This has been a year long project coming to a close. Here is whats left currently working on custom teak cup holder for back of engine cover and I need to order all the new hull stickers trying to decide witch way to go on them the original flat vinyl or the domed stickers like you see on the newer Mastercrafts.Would like to see a photo of a older 190 with the domed stickers.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                This has been a year long project coming to a close. Here is whats left currently working on custom teak cup holder for back of engine cover and I need to order all the new hull stickers trying to decide witch way to go on them the original flat vinyl or the domed stickers like you see on the newer Mastercrafts.Would like to see a photo of a older 190 with the domed stickers.
                93 190 - The domed letters are not fluffy or soft. Merely a raised format that is all one-piece. A tougher product than the flat vinyl. I was skeptical but tried their product. Top notch now that I have them on.

When I mentioned one-piece, I got a set of flat letters with the shadow (show below in the last two sticker photos) a few years back. Those came in two parts; the red letter as one sheet and the shadowing effect on a second sheet. Not user friendly for installation...actually a pain in the rump. The domed letters are all on one sheet, integrated with any and all options, etc. An easy install.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Domed Letters01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	2699576

Click image for larger version  Name:	Domed Letters02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	2699577

Click image for larger version  Name:	Domed Letters03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	2699578

Flat vinyl letters

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flat Letters01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	2699579

Click image for larger version  Name:	Flat Letters02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	2699580 That's all I got. I think you will like the domed product. I am not crazy about their web site and if you don't see what you want, call them (they take only one to two weeks to answer or return an email). Once you get in touch, they will do most anything you want. Other than their lack of immediate availability, they are good to work with. I have sent several things back to them that I did not like (for a re-make) and they did not hesitate one bit. Good customer service in that regard.

Custom made teak holder. Does not get in the way of anything (rope, barefoot boom, etc.). I made two of those with one stick of teak from Teak World ($68 per stick). Rock solid with the mounting setup I used.It is there until I remove it or until the cows come home. One is still in a box somewhere in the shop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cup holder.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	2699581

Click image for larger version  Name:	cup holder oil Sep 2017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	2699582
                Last edited by waterlogged882; 02-27-2022, 12:00 PM.
                93 190
                (safe click)

Comment

• Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                  This has been a year long project coming to a close. Here is whats left currently working on custom teak cup holder for back of engine cover and I need to order all the new hull stickers trying to decide witch way to go on them the original flat vinyl or the domed stickers like you see on the newer Mastercrafts.Would like to see a photo of a older 190 with the domed stickers.
                  RD, been following this thread and really enjoying all your updates! Let me know if you need help with that teak cupholder. Seems like you probably have that covered, but if not, I've got a full woodshop with CNC capabilities and can make pretty much anything out of wood. I'm guessing this would be a flat piece to defined thickness with custom cut profile.
                  Chris
                  2001 Prostar 209

Comment

• Waterlogged , if your interested in selling your spare , I will take it off your hands

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhob88 View Post
                      Waterlogged , if your interested in selling your spare , I will take it off your hands
                      Noted.

93 190
                      (safe click)

Comment

• Here is a picture of of my prototype engine cover cup holder. we are going to curve the top sides in another 1/4 inch on the upright to give it a more contoured look. I am open to any suggestions and yes the final one will be made out of teak wood. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1287.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	2699737

Comment

• I went with the newer decals on the side
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I really like the newer graphics but no matter what you will have the best one out there!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                              I really like the newer graphics but no matter what you will have the best one out there!
                              Thanks for posting the picture of your Limited with the domed graphics.After looking at looking at your boat and Chuck's boat I have to agree the Domed graphics would be a upgrade from the flat ones and would fit the better than new concept that I have been working toward.

Comment

• great choice on the graphics

Comment

Working...
                                X