No announcement yet.

1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I do agree with your thinking on the screen on the end of the pick up and almost removed it during the rebuild. The rubber hose that is used to connect it was hard to source it had to be rated for fuel submerge." Also needing to replace the rubber hose. Were did you find 1/2" J30r10 submersible hose? I have the exact same boat so when you finish and want to start on another just let me know [email protected]

Comment

• I found (Gates #27006) J30r7 at a local O,REILLY Auto Parts they have it in stock cost $3.29 a foot it is made of Nitrile rubber in side and out and should hold up submerged fuel. The clamps need to be a little larger also the new hose is a little larger on the outside.
      It would have been nice to find some J30r10 this size but I do not think they make it in 1/2"
      Last edited by RDahler; 04-26-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• 1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• And after the Jeffersons Ocean Toast last night, Water Time!!!! I cannot tell you how tight the boat drove and how well it performed!! RDahler, all I can stay is it's simply stunning!!

1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• Like you said, BETTER than new. And you accomplished that. Congratulations on the beautiful restoration. Your wife did a great job on the decals. Looks great and should enjoy for many years. Definitely one of the best resto threads I have seen. Next; post in pics that make you happy!

Comment

• Looks awesome. Great job.
              2000 MC SportStar
              2017 SQ5
              2009 KTM 530 Exc
              2012 BMW K1300r

Comment

• Very impressive. Congratulations on quite an accomplishment to get this beauty back in perfect shape.

Comment

• Congrats on an incredible project. Pics of her in the water please!

Comment

• 1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• A few more I had from the other day...

Comment

• Nice boat but what have you worked on lately?

Absolutely kidding of course. The journey you've documented restoring this boat has been more over the top than any other I've personally seen. That said most people I know that have completed similar projects such as this don't sit still long. Any plans for a follow up or are you good for the foreseeable future?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	2705742 I have also done a total restoration on inside of my lake house and work shop behind it at the same time. The house is finished ,The 94 Protour 190 finished and I just need to paint the trim in the work shop. I also have a 2013 X25 to take care of and I am getting ready to start the restoration on a 1987 K5 blazer that I have. Some time this summer I will do the trailer on the 190.
                          I am planning on taking the 190 out some this weekend and will take some on the water pictures of it and post then soon.

Comment

• wow ....what a get thread .... huge congrats on your masterpiece

Comment

• Has your wife skied behind it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by bret View Post
                                Has your wife skied behind it yet?
                                Hi Bret
                                I have a little over six hours running time on the engine now the rings look like they have broken in just right the oil consumption is near 0. So I decided to go for a full power run for a short distance and see what she will do. Both GPS speedometers showed 48.2 mph and the engine was running as smooth as silk.
                                Next time out we will hook a ski rope to her I think she is ready to tow.

Comment

Working...
                                X