Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIskiboat
    replied
    The fuel tank is mislabeled. At least for our 94. Since the pickup is not on the bottom, there is approx 5 gallons you can’t really use. So that is really “E”.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Rita
    replied
    Good thing they put the "F" and "E" on the tank.

I also thought the 1/2 full mark is useful

Leave a comment:

• stuartmcnair
    replied
    Originally posted by RDahler View Post
    Next the fuel cell it had a lot of vapor escaping from it. Removed it from the hull and disassembled. The the gaskets that go around the housing had cracks and NLA.
    I made a aluminum template to cut out replacement gaskets and put sealing washers on all the screws.
    I pressurized the tank with a shop vac and sprayed soapy water on it to check for leaks.
    Problem solved.
    The fuel tank has fuel levels marked on it take a look at the photo as a guess I think they were adjusting the fuel load for the number of people in the boat to keep the pulls consistent.
    Good thing they put the "F" and "E" on the tank.

Leave a comment:

• Prostar 190
    replied
    Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Next the fuel cell it had a lot of vapor escaping from it. Removed it from the hull and disassembled. The the gaskets that go around the housing had cracks and NLA.
    I made a aluminum template to cut out replacement gaskets and put sealing washers on all the screws.
    I pressurized the tank with a shop vac and sprayed soapy water on it to check for leaks.
    Problem solved.
    The fuel tank has fuel levels marked on it take a look at the photo as a guess I think they were adjusting the fuel load for the number of people in the boat to keep the pulls consistent.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RDahler; 05-27-2021, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SwissCraft1291
    replied
    The Foam seal that runs under the bottom of the windshield all the way around. Trim Lok Boat Dual Seal Molding X-1333 HT 3/4 Great Lakes Skipper PN 1070904 they sell it by the foot I ordered 16 feet you can by it from there sight or from them on EBAY. You will have to remove the complete windshield assembly you can not just slide off the center section. The new seal has two adhesive stripes on it and just sticks on the bottom.

Great! Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    more pictures
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    1994 Protour 190 Restoration

This seems to be a common problem the Aluminum Honeycomb floor panel behind the engine cover were the hinges attach just gets reamed out over time. This type of floor panel needs a Aluminum Doubler under it to spread the load. Mastercraft at some point fixed this problem by adding a Doubler.
    The four screws that hold the panel in place are also problematic.
    I decided to replace with 1 inch Marine Coosa Board Bluewater 26.
    The original panels Weight 7 pounds. The Cossa Board 16 pounds.
    I fabricated a Doubler out of some 1/4 T6 Aluminum plate and mounting brackets to get the screws off the edge of the panel and threaded all the screw holes to make it easy to remove.
    This should be a permanent fix to this problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RDahler; 05-26-2021, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prostar 190
    replied
    Next I removed the windshield from the boat and carefully the frames from the glass.
    The original black paint was striped from the frames. I had the Aluminum frames Black Anodized and reassembled to the glass.
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    The Foam seal that runs under the bottom of the windshield all the way around. Trim Lok Boat Dual Seal Molding X-1333 HT 3/4 Great Lakes Skipper PN 1070904 they sell it by the foot I ordered 16 feet you can by it from there sight or from them on EBAY. You will have to remove the complete windshield assembly you can not just slide off the center section. The new seal has two adhesive stripes on it and just sticks on the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• SwissCraft1291
    replied
    Next I removed the windshield from the boat and carefully the frames from the glass.
    The original black paint was striped from the frames. I had the Aluminum frames Black Anodized and reassembled to the glass.

WOOW! Looks amazing!
    Can you tell me where you found the foam seal on the front bottom of the windshield?
    I think you will replace them too. Mine have shrunk through the years, become brittle, and should be replaced and I haven't found any suitable.

Leave a comment:

• River Monsters
    replied
    We have the same boat, just with the larger TV decals. Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Mark rsa2au
    replied
    WOW, looking good! going to follow this with interest!

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    He's just getting started with the pictures and the stunning work he's already done; simply amazing stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Torstenlaw
    replied
    Looks great. Could you come and do my windshield! :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X