• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShuManChu
    TT Enthusiast
    • Sep 2022

Originally posted by RDahler View Post
    Decided to remove the the gas lift shocks and brackets off my engine cover. The problem with them with them is they do not hold the cover up high enough to service the transmission and they are in the way when you try and remove the oil filter. I came up with a simple way to secure the cover in the full up position.
    Are you going to leave the gas lift shocks off permanently? Or is this just for use when you are servicing the engine/trans?
    Current Boat: 2005 X7 MCX, all red!

Comment

• RDahler
      TT Enthusiast
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by ShuManChu View Post

Are you going to leave the gas lift shocks off permanently? Or is this just for use when you are servicing the engine/trans?
      i going to put them in a box and store them in my attic so my OCD is kept in check. The strap is stored in the glove box on the boat and can be quickly attached to support the engine cover try not to over think this the gas struts created a lot of problems.

Comment

• Choices
        TT Regular
        • Jul 2023

Nice work 🤙

Comment

• foobared
          TT Newbie
          • Jun 2023

RDahler - This thread has been really helpful. I'm about to order a longblock from MM, and plan on adding the Orca closed loop cooling system. I've got a '96 PS190 with TBI 5.7L, so I'm looking at kit #300005 Indmar.

Orca just quoted $2400 for this kit. Does this sound right ? It looks like you purchased direct from Orca.

Hardin Marine has them for $1900 and shows MSRP at $2400 - https://www.cpperformance.com/p-1003...lf-system.aspx

Comment

• RDahler
            TT Enthusiast
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by foobared View Post
            RDahler - This thread has been really helpful. I'm about to order a longblock from MM, and plan on adding the Orca closed loop cooling system. I've got a '96 PS190 with TBI 5.7L, so I'm looking at kit #300005 Indmar.

Orca just quoted $2400 for this kit. Does this sound right ? It looks like you purchased direct from Orca.

Hardin Marine has them for $1900 and shows MSRP at $2400 - https://www.cpperformance.com/p-1003...lf-system.aspx
            I bought my Orca closed loop cooling system from Harden Marine they offer the best price. They drop ship my kit direct from Orca Marine. I am very pleased with how well the cooling system works with the Orca Kit installed on my LT1.

Comment

• waterlogged882
              MC Master Poster
              • Dec 2004

.....and I am getting ready to start the restoration on a 1987 K5 blazer that I have.
              Update?

93 190
              (safe click)
              John 14:6
              (safe click)

Comment

• RDahler
                TT Enthusiast
                • Feb 2016

Here is a up date the 190 is preforming better than expected. The closed cooling system is doing a outstanding job of regulating the engine temp. Back on post #39 I was asked about a remote oil filter setup for the LT1. I am now working on a remote oil filter set up I will post some pictures soon.

Comment

• waterlogged882
                  MC Master Poster
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by 01star View Post
                  Looking sharp! I also made a couple custom teak pieces for the interior. Got inspired by Waterlogged for the pylon cup holder. The rear engine hatch piece came out nicely as well. Now I need to wire up the stainless steel LED lights in the back.
                  I am still browsing this thread off and on. Both of your teak add-ons look great. Those go very well with the nice looking skins.

93 190
                  (safe click)
                  John 14:6
                  (safe click)

Comment

• dpalms
                    TT Regular
                    • Sep 2019

This is an absolutely incredible restoration! I love the details and ocd! RDahler, what do you have for the speed pickup? I did not see any pitot pickup tubes on the transom?

Comment

• RDahler
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by dpalms View Post
                      This is an absolutely incredible restoration! I love the details and ocd! RDahler, what do you have for the speed pickup? I did not see any pitot pickup tubes on the transom?
                      I removed the speed pick ups and went with the Nautic Laugic Air Glide GPS kit on the original head and the Star Gazer GPS speed control, A lot more accurate then the original setup.

Comment

• RDahler
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Feb 2016

I am working on a remote oil filter setup after a lot of research and a phone call to Indmar to see if there kit would fit on a LT1 they were sure it would work just not sure if the bracket would fit on the rear of the LT1 fast burn aluminum head. I went ahead ordered the Indmar 495145 GM 350 remote filter kit. I am adding a photo of what is in the box and the bracket bolted right up to the head.

Attached Files

Comment

• dpalms
                          TT Regular
                          • Sep 2019

I removed the speed pick ups and went with the Nautic Laugic Air Glide GPS kit on the original head and the Star Gazer GPS speed control, A lot more accurate than the original setup.
                          Definitely more accurate! Thanks, what did you fill the holes in the transom with?

Comment

• jtryon
                            TT Enthusiast
                            • Nov 2013

RDahler any pics of the bracket installed? I'm looking for something like that for my Mercury 350 (Centurion), because the stock mount is right-side up and it spills everywhere when changing the oil.

Comment

• RDahler
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by dpalms View Post

Definitely more accurate! Thanks, what did you fill the holes in the transom with?
                              The holes were filled with gel coat.

Comment

• RDahler
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by jtryon View Post
                                RDahler any pics of the bracket installed? I'm looking for something like that for my Mercury 350 (Centurion), because the stock mount is right-side up and it spills everywhere when changing the oil.
                                I only had time to test fit the bracket this weekend and check the hose length everything looks good. I will post some pictures after I get it installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X